What's for Dinner Monday, March 21st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I reheated the chicken pepperoni rolls from last night. Did make a new spot of pasta for them.

DS ended up at our house so instead of hot dogs and beans I did grilled chicken salads. Lettuce, tomato, cukes, cheese, egg, fried onions, cubed grilled chicken with salad dressing of choice. Oreos and milk for dessert.

Risotto again, only this time I ramped it up with some Italian sausage and mushrooms to go along with the asparagus. Huge hit! Salad and a hunk of bread. Life is good!

Pulpo on Papas (octopus on potatoes). I had preped everthing for Sunday night but I had a change of plans. It was a very quick meal last night.

img_981972_0_391e1f0ec04ffe7730c13a4379c4afc0.jpg

Breakfast – Eggs over easy and toasted bakery seeded rye buttered.
img_981984_0_8f9c4398c8f16ba31c1eb8135b2b370d.jpg

It is a cold, rainy and dreary day today. It just felt like a soup day.
Dinner - Chicken soup over brown rice topped with fresh grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses.

img_981984_1_2f7a5bae883930ec7e39a904e4d072f3.jpg
the toast is our favorite. our bread machine booklet with recipes has a favorite recipe of mine for rye bread using WW flour with reg flour, caraway seeds, butter and 1/4 cup applesauce. not sure what the applesauce does other than add moisture, but you can't taste it in there and the result of the bread is perfect. sliced and toasted it's fantastic.
also your eggs are perfection in my eyes too. son is always wanting to know how to make the perfect fried egg. you should teach him :)

tonight our son wants a roasted whole chicken with mashed potatoes and fresh peas. my 2 day old no knead bread will also go on the table after baking with butter. made an orange cake without frosting it for last nights' dinner. tonight, I'll make a butterscoth glaze for over the top.

the toast is our favorite. our bread machine booklet with recipes has a favorite recipe of mine for rye bread using WW flour with reg flour, caraway seeds, butter and 1/4 cup applesauce. not sure what the applesauce does other than add moisture, but you can't taste it in there and the result of the bread is perfect. sliced and toasted it's fantastic.
also your eggs are perfection in my eyes too. son is always wanting to know how to make the perfect fried egg. you should teach him :)

tonight our son wants a roasted whole chicken with mashed potatoes and fresh peas. my 2 day old no knead bread will also go on the table after baking with butter. made an orange cake without frosting it for last nights' dinner. tonight, I'll make a butterscoth glaze for over the top.
Thank you so much. Your cake and frosting sound awesome!! Did you post the recipe?
that bread looks so good. i could eat that for breakfast, lunch and dinner. might put a bit of jam on it for breakfast. lol
Thank you babetoo!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom