What's for Dinner, Monday March 22nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, I get to start this thread!

It is Dad and I again for one last night as DH is off tomorrow. I am thinking of taking some of the frozen dinners I made - pot roast for Dad, Mac and Cheese for me, and pot roast to send off to work with DH.

What are you having?

I'm making my version of a Lidia Bastianich chicken dish with pickled peppers, kalamata olives and wine.

Chicken in an onion bacon mushroom sauce, served over brown rice. And a veggie of some kind.

I'm making my version of a Lidia Bastianich chicken dish with pickled peppers, kalamata olives and wine.

jennyema recommended the recipe. I changed it a little to suit our preferences. I left out the potato and capers from the original recipe and thickened the sauce a little and serve it over rice.

I am gonna do sour dough pancakes for dinner with sausage. Got the new Lodge CI griddle I ordered so you know I have to use it. :)

Wow, I get to start this thread!

It is Dad and I again for one last night as DH is off tomorrow. I am thinking of taking some of the frozen dinners I made - pot roast for Dad, Mac and Cheese for me, and pot roast to send off to work with DH.

What are you having?
I'm so glad you did! :)

We are having BLT's and baked fries.

Probably leftovers again. Have some pork BBQ that needs to get eaten and yesterday I made potato pancakes and have some of them left.

Hello everyone.

I Have a corned beef simmering, the red potatoes in their jackets and cabbage waiting to take a swim.

I will hopefully get back in the swing (and used to these new meds) and posting pics again.

I have Kayelle's Shortcut chili verde on the stove,,,House smells like heaven and mouths are watering. I'm having to beat eu off with a stick.:LOL: I sliced some oranges and jicama up over some watercress and will serve that with everything. Thank you Kayelle.
kades:)

Made a stir fry of shrimp and lots of different veggies. Served on top of Carolina Golden rice. Trying to eat a bit healthier, but I always forget how much time it takes to clean and chop ALL that stuff! Still, tastier than even our favorite Chinese restaurant only four miles away. And so much for the healthier - we had slices of Pepperidge Farm coconut cake for dessert.:angel:
28872-albums241-picture2204.jpg

Made a stir fry of shrimp and lots of different veggies. Served on top of Carolina Golden rice. Trying to eat a bit healthier, but I always forget how much time it takes to clean and chop ALL that stuff! Still, tastier than even our favorite Chinese restaurant only four miles away. And so much for the healthier - we had slices of Pepperidge Farm coconut cake for dessert.:angel:
28872-albums241-picture2204.jpg
that looks great except for the shrimp (LOL i don't eat much fish) what veggies did you use? i would like to make it with chicken.

.... what veggies did you use?....
Mushrooms, baby carrots cut into sticks, broccoli, asparagus, something akin to baby bok choy, and snow peas. I forgot the celery!:ohmy: Sometimes I'll throw in scallions or baby corn spears from a can...whatever veggies your taste buds are in the mood for, basically.

Back
Top Bottom