What's for dinner, Monday March 26, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I walked 3 and a half miles again today! By the time I got home from the walk I was starving. All I kept thinking during the whole walk was what I wanted to choose from the plethora of leftovers I have. I must have made 50 different combinations in my head.
I settled on leftover roasted chicken, a left over baked potato, a sliced plum tomato with sea salt, and a diet jello.

Is it too early in the week for a cocktail???:angel:

VeraBlue said:
Is it too early in the week for a cocktail???:angel:

You mean it just can't be 5:00 somewhere???? It has to be.......like.....Wednesday??????????
cry2.gif

Do I have to dump my cava down the drain? Please tell me NO!

if by "drain", you mean by running it thru once, then go right ahead elfie. ;)

last night i made a fantastic rosemary, garlic, and honey mustard roast pork loin.

i bought a large, "whole" loin and trimmed most of the fat, marinated it for just over 2 hours in a mixture of dijon mustard, honey, ginger ale, evoo, lots of garlic, and sprigs of fresh rosemary. it was roasted at 350 for about an hour and a half, basting every once in a while, using the sprigs of rosemary in the leftover marinade as brushes.:chef:

it was deeeelicious. i'll be posting the recipe later.

buckytom said:
if by "drain", you mean by running it thru once, then go right ahead elfie. ;)

last night i made a fantastic rosemary, garlic, and honey mustard roast pork loin.

i bought a large, "whole" loin and trimmed most of the fat, marinated it for just over 2 hours in a mixture of dijon mustard, honey, ginger ale, evoo, lots of garlic, and sprigs of fresh rosemary. it was roasted at 350 for about an hour and a half, basting every once in a while, using the sprigs of rosemary in the leftover marinade as brushes.:chef:

it was deeeelicious. i'll be posting the recipe later.

:ermm: ginger ale....never heard of that in a meat recipe. Its sounds delicious. I'm always wanting new recipes for pork so I'm cutting and pasting....thanks bucky!

sizz, dw picked the recipe off an old calendar because the ginger ale and honey mustard combo was interesting. i swooped in and made it since she was busy, and got to claim credit...:chef:

i'd have to say that the ginger ale really did add a tasty background flavor that fit in perfectly. i'm gonna post the amounts of the marinade ingredients. it was very garlic-y, however, so i'd use a little less garlic next time.

I ended up making spaghetti and garlic bread. Bucky that's sounds lips smacking good. Looking forward to the recipe !

Back
Top Bottom