What's for Dinner Monday March 5/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Souzy sous said:
Been roasting a pork shoulder all night....gonna turn it into layered burritos. House smells delicious!

Oh my, the burritos were fantastic. Pork melts your mouth, layered with borracho black beans, Spanish rice, guacamole, sour cream, and cheese. They were monsters!

About the fish and chips we had at the Pub tonight...I had the Halibut and Steve had the Cod. I've always had the Cod at this place but thought I'd try the more expensive Halibut as I love grilled Halibut more than any other fish out there. Come to find out that Cod is far superior in this application. The breading was light and airy just the way I like it with both fishes. :yum:

Our chicken dinner will have to wait until tomorrow. We ended up going to Logan's Roadhouse for supper. We had yummy rolls, salads with blue cheese dressing, fried mushrooms, and for the main course James had a cheeseburger and I had hot roast beef and gravy on Texas toast, and mashed potatoes and gravy. Our favorite waitress served us again tonight. I told her that we come back for the fried mushrooms and for her! She's such a cute, friendly little thing! She even (to even her surprise) got the 71 year old man at the next table to stand up and learn some silly dance moves before she and the rest of the crew did his special birthday shout-out and "yeehaw!"

Haddock
Stewed Tomatoes
Broccoli (again, not enough Brussels Sprouts)
Orzo with Olive Oil, Chives and Pepper

I have been gone for some time and peeking in on today's menu. I need to go to Costco for stuff today and will bring home a roasted chicken and make chicken soup. It is my new shortcut soup. I strip the chicken off - put bones in the pot with onion, carrot and parsley. let it get happy for a while then strain. in the pot saute some onions, carrots and whatever I have on hand, sometimes mushrooms, sweet potatoes. Add some noodles or rice, whatever you have.

Back
Top Bottom