What's for Dinner Monday March 5/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Hey everyone, missed you all! I've been popping in now and then this last week, but I've been too busy to get on the computer for more than the few minutes it takes to clear my email boxes and make sure my favorite places are still standing. I'm on day 7 of a long stretch of work, thankfully this is my last shift for a couple of days. WHEW!

I'd thought of just leaving leftovers for the family as there were some lovely dinners this week. There were pork and BBQ sauce bits, pot roast bits, and some lovely turkey leftovers. When I peeked this morning though, it looks as though someone has munched their way through most of them. All that's left is some wilty spinach salad (GARBAGE!) and some turkey. I'll likely leave a big pot of turkey a la king and they can have it on toast. I think I'll also make some turkey rice soup. Its cold out, that might hit the spot too.

As always very very tired during the week to make anything special so just did what I really fancied tonight................egg and chips:) Homestyle chunky chips though tossed in spicy seasoning and served with more tomato and chilli jam:chef:

I am going to make pizza this evening. Kathleen wants "hawaian" so she will get Canadian bacon (yeah, I know) and pineapple with some black olives. I will just have pepperoni I think.

Picked up some more Red Royals, so a twist on shrimp and grits, with andouille.

I took some boneless skin on turkey thighs out of the deep freeze for dinner tonight. When they defrost I'll marinate and cook them. I have some red potatoes I can roast.

Making some overly stuffed baked potatoes tonight and planning on baking my first angel food cake.

Been roasting a pork shoulder all night....gonna turn it into layered burritos. House smells delicious!

Chicken breast tenders (not breaded), baked potatoes, and broccoli. That's the plan anyway. We are on our way to get my new computer in a bit, and James will be setting it up, so our dinner plans could change. :yum:

Good ol' bacon & eggs, with dry rye toast and a coupla tomato slices. Wish I could have coffee, too, but it's too late in the day.

chicken chili

whole chicken cut up browned
onion carrot celery garlic bell pepper (grn and yellow), grn chilis, japaleno
jar of salsa verde (from my local carniceria)
cup or so of chicken stock
1 beer, a nice lager will do
great northern beans, chick peas, pigeon peas, black eye peas
yellow corn, hominy
cumin, bay leaf, coriander seed, cilantro
salt pepper
cook
take chicken off bone after cooking
thicken with masa
adjust seasonings
enjoy with rice or tortillas, Cheso fresco or pepper jack
bring your own hot sauce if you like lots of heat...I like Marie Sharps original :)

Back
Top Bottom