What's for Dinner Monday May 11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making our version of American Chop Suey. It's elbow macaroni in a sauce made of ground beef, onion, green pepper, garlic, tomato paste and canned tomatoes.

I have some lovely fresh french rolls and they will be sliced the long way put on some mayo mixed with honey mustard add some viadlia onion ,sliced thin some shredded lettuce then I'll add some chicken breasts that I've pounded thin and breaded and oven fried..salt and pepper..Yep sammies, also some potatoe salad and a banana cream pie for dessert.
kadesma

My plan is to have shrimp and grits tonight. I saw a picture/recipe in Southern Living, and I have not been able to get that image out of my mind.

mmm.... cookisie, that sounds good. i love cheddar-grits. yum, with scallion.....

My power was out for a couple of days--the deep freeze is fine, but the catfish nugget in the fridge freezer were thawed. I deep fried them, and had asparagus from the garden.

Can't beat that with a stick. :)

And, boy, am I glad the power is back--the dishwasher and the washer and the dryer are all running right now.

Chicken "something" tonight. It's been a very disjointed day today and I NEED to watch Dancing with the Stars. I'll probably throw the chicken into my FlavorWave oven with some olive oil and garlic and finish the potato salad I made for the weekend.

I made a Mexican cornbread casserole thing. It was pretty good with a tossed salad with some homemade cilantro/lime salad dressing. Chocolate ice cream sandwich for dessert. Uncle Bob isn't the only one eating chocolate ice cream around here! ;)

My favorite dinner. Corned Beef and Cabbage with Mashed Potatoes. I make sure the kids don't throw the fatty pieces away. I love a fatty slice of corned beef. 4 lbs is just enough for my family.

For desert I made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I am trying to get all the chocolate in the house made up. My wife is due any day now and cannot eat chocolate when she is feeding a baby.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom