"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #51
Assistant Cook

Smoked Salmon .. found recipe here

Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #52
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Those dinners look virtually identical, VB. Is one plate for you and one for hubby?
No that was Mark's plate. It's the same plate, just different shots. Sometimes I do that.. post more than one picture if I'm not happy with just the one.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #53
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i am not feeling all that great either. hence not to much food. i wish i could go to sleep for a few days. then all the meds will have worked and i will be well. all i did today, was a few dishes, and heating up some wings. being sick is just a big fat bummer.
I hope you feel better soon, I know how you feel. I got hit with the flu a couple weeks ago. The after effects are still bugging me.. being worn out, achy and an ear infection. It seems to come and go.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #54
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I had BLTs yesterday for lunch.
I was cooking a lb of bacon anyway, so I made a couple sammies on plain white bread (not toasted) with lots of mayo. Sometimes a BLT really hits the spot. Funny thing was, I hardly had any cooked bacon left for the freezer afterwards

So anyway, tonight, once I got going cooking the sausage I just couldn't stop. I had some cheddar cheese I wanted to use up anyway.
Loaded mac & cheese.
I had to cook more bacon last night than what I had taken out, because I sampled some when it was done.

Your mac-n-cheese looks delish. I always have to add something to it. It seems too boring without meat or at least some vegies added to it.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
No that was Mark's plate. It's the same plate, just different shots. Sometimes I do that.. post more than one picture if I'm not happy with just the one.
Duh, then they were identical
Sometimes I take two shots, too, but one might be the whole plate and the other a closeup of what I'm featuring, like the salmon the other night. I thought you were showing how similar you plated everything
Old 10-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #56
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you.
I usually do, too 9make it loaded), but sometimes I like it plain. Usually I'll go for the box if I just want something quick, and homemade if I'm adding other stuff to it. It really doesn't matter to me how I make it or what's in it, I love pasta and I love cheese.

And yeah, bacon... it's hard to have it just sitting around without grabbing a piece or two. I'd like to try making my own sometime.

Tags
dinner