What's for Dinner Monday Oct 24/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not feeling great either, Zhizara (I hope you feel better soon). My problem is just being pooped out. I'm not sure if I'm going to make dinner or not. I have a couple of hours to see if I can liven up some.

i am not feeling all that great either. hence not to much food. i wish i could go to sleep for a few days. then all the meds will have worked and i will be well. all i did today, was a few dishes, and heating up some wings. being sick is just a big fat bummer.

Somebunny said:
Everyone's meals sound great! We just had a quick dinner of polish dogs with sauerkraut cracked pepper potato chips on the side.

Oh, I love those potato chips. Wish I had some!

But do they use the grease to cook their eggs?:pig:

Oh heavens, NO! My father uses those egg-replacement products, 1 egg, and makes a cheeseless omlette. Only when I bring real eggs does he NOT use the egg-replacement product--blasphemy combined with eggs from Harriet or Myrtle. He has one of those funny microwave bacon things--kinda looks like a hook and the grease collects in the bottom. It makes such a mess in the microwave and the microwave smells like bacon for 3-4 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to make dinner. Cool, fresh air does wonders.

I'm making BLT's with french fries.

img_1062439_0_534ad5df6323934b1463fff006c62398.jpg

img_1062439_1_f16349d459d661f2a44f50d4145fc028.jpg

Those dinners look virtually identical, VB. Is one plate for you and one for hubby?

i am not feeling all that great either. hence not to much food. i wish i could go to sleep for a few days. then all the meds will have worked and i will be well. all i did today, was a few dishes, and heating up some wings. being sick is just a big fat bummer.
I hope you feel better soon, I know how you feel. I got hit with the flu a couple weeks ago. The after effects are still bugging me.. being worn out, achy and an ear infection. It seems to come and go.

I had BLTs yesterday for lunch.
I was cooking a lb of bacon anyway, so I made a couple sammies on plain white bread (not toasted) with lots of mayo. Sometimes a BLT really hits the spot. Funny thing was, I hardly had any cooked bacon left for the freezer afterwards :pig:

So anyway, tonight, once I got going cooking the sausage I just couldn't stop. I had some cheddar cheese I wanted to use up anyway.
Loaded mac & cheese.

I had to cook more bacon last night than what I had taken out, because I sampled some when it was done. :LOL: :pig:

Your mac-n-cheese looks delish. I always have to add something to it. It seems too boring without meat or at least some vegies added to it.

No that was Mark's plate. It's the same plate, just different shots. Sometimes I do that.. post more than one picture if I'm not happy with just the one.

Duh, then they were identical :LOL:
Sometimes I take two shots, too, but one might be the whole plate and the other a closeup of what I'm featuring, like the salmon the other night. I thought you were showing how similar you plated everything :wacko:

Thank you.
I usually do, too 9make it loaded), but sometimes I like it plain. Usually I'll go for the box if I just want something quick, and homemade if I'm adding other stuff to it. It really doesn't matter to me how I make it or what's in it, I love pasta and I love cheese.

And yeah, bacon... it's hard to have it just sitting around without grabbing a piece or two. I'd like to try making my own sometime.

Back
Top Bottom