What's for Dinner Monday, October 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, so I really cheated for dinner. We had our big lunch of left-over pulled pork sandwiches and french fries (they were fresh ones, not left over).

For supper it was just Dad and I and I was not sure what I was going to do (it is usually something on the lighter side). Well I went to one of my supply stores and they had a ton of Stouffer's pot roast meals on special and Dad loves them but hasn't been able to get them for ages. So I bought a bunch and put two in the microwave and that with a glass of milk was supper!

I coated some chicken legs with a seasoned flour, put them in a baking pan, drizzled with a little melted butter, and they are now baking in the oven. With that, buttery mashed potatoes and green beans (frozen :ermm:).
This was our dinner! The chicken came out perfect, with a nice crunchy skin!
yum.gif

img_854303_1_99ffc071e01d38efbffb53248cca37cf.jpg

img_854303_2_bac529d29e47238c729dcb7a872c891b.jpg

I made pork chops in onion sauce with mashed taters and green beans all of which is cooked at my son's new apartment. He hasn't cooked in a week, just doing microwave frozen meals while he gets things put away. I cooked 10 chops he ate 4! Hubby ate 3, I had 1 and son had 2 left over for later. He was very happy!

Come on down...The chili is ready and on a low simmer ~~~ I'll wait for ya to get here before I stir up the cornbread ~~ However, if ya don't mind, I think I'll start sippin some of the George Dickel ~ :ermm: The front porch light will be on...Come on in...
can i come if i bring butter and honey?

Vanilla Bean those chix legs look great! I could eat those 3 and ask for more. :LOL:
Thanks.. I got a thing for legs! Mark is more of a breast man. :ohmy::ermm: :ROFLMAO:

He enjoyed the dinner though. My oven didn't work for a long while, and it was so nice to see how good that chicken turned out. It's fun to use things, once they work properly!

YUMMY!! can you make me some breasts like that? i'll bring gravy!!
I have some chicken breasts in the freezer and thought about using them, but it had been awhile since I made chicken legs.

I'll make you chicken breasts that way, and bring lots of gravy! I love it, especially on potatoes!!!.... any kind of potatoes.

I have some chicken breasts in the freezer and thought about using them, but it had been awhile since I made chicken legs.

I'll make you chicken breasts that way, and bring lots of gravy! I love it, especially on potatoes!!!.... any kind of potatoes.
my oven and broiler weren't working for quite awhile also. now that they are fixed it is amazing how quick things cook. :ROFLMAO: it used to take my oven like 20 minutes to get to temp of 350F!! it took about 2 hours @ 450F for a baked potato before it was fixed. AND the broiler flame was so low i had to choose between nice color or over done meat. now it only takes 2 minutes to brown garlic bread under the broiler it used to take like 15 minutes. YIKES!! oh and i like gravy on everything not only potates. sometimes i make gravy for rice or just meat if i am not having carb.

btw due to way to much drama yesterday we had calzones from Pizza Town (we ate there).

my oven and broiler weren't working for quite awhile also. now that they are fixed it is amazing how quick things cook. :ROFLMAO: it used to take my oven like 20 minutes to get to temp of 350F!! it took about 2 hours @ 450F for a baked potato before it was fixed. AND the broiler flame was so low i had to choose between nice color or over done meat. now it only takes 2 minutes to brown garlic bread under the broiler it used to take like 15 minutes. YIKES!! oh and i like gravy on everything not only potates. sometimes i make gravy for rice or just meat if i am not having carb.

My ex used to just eat gravy over bread sometimes. Gravybread he called it. *hillbilly*

My ex used to just eat gravy over bread sometimes. Gravybread he called it. *hillbilly*
HEY!! i am italian and on sundays mom would slice a nice piece of italian bread put it in a pasta bowl top with gravy (tomato sauce) and grated cheese and that was gravy bread!! LOL :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom