What's for Dinner Monday, October 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
We have lots of leftover pulled pork from yesterday, so that will be part of our main meal at lunch. I will probably serve it in buns with salad. But since the fryer is still out who knows....fries just might make it onto the menu :)

So what is everyone else having today?

I'm working a late shift today so I have no idea whats on the menu at work. I am going to leave either perohe and sausage for the family or some tortellini. Either one is easy peasy for them.

I love liver and onions, but we never have it because of the cholesterol problem.
We had roast beef yesterday and had some wonderful gravy left so since our grandson is here and meat loaf is his favorite food, we will have meat loaf with the gravy, au gratin potatoes, roast asparagus, green salad and fruit for dessert. I may make the apple dumplings for the fruit dessert.

I'm on a strict diet at the moment but I served to Ellen Crab cakes served on a bed of potato salad followed by more posh shepherds pie and to finish cinnamon buns with a cup of tea. My does she eat well :ROFLMAO: Still looks like a drain pipe though :LOL:

i don't know what i will make for dinner but i feel like making poached eggs, bacon, biscuits, fried taters and onions for dinner tonight.

Nothing is jumping out at me but I might put together a King Ranch chicken casserole if I get to the store and pick up some tortillas.

Grilling a flat iron steak for Tortilla Philly Cheese Steak wraps.
With mushrooms, as requested by Dr. Mrs. Wife. :)
Will serve with a nice salad on the side.

leftovers here ....haven't cooked since Saturday and won't have to for a few days yet

pasta salad, baked white and sweet potatoes, sweet corn, chocolate pudding with whipped cream

tomorrow night dh gets go-lightly for supper:(

Left over braised short ribs from last nights dinner and I will make some garlic mashed potatoes.

Left over pot roast and gravy will be put into pasties and a big green salad plus broccoli and cheese sauce...no way are they getting dessert tonight, ice cream will have to do...
kadesma:LOL:

Tennessee Sippin Whiskey ~~~ George Dickel No. 12
Louisiana Camp Cut Chili ~~~ With just a few beans.
Mississippi Stone Ground ~~~ Cornbread Pone...
Mississippi Mud Pie ~~~ Texas Blue Bell Nilla "Cream
Luzianne ~~~~ Coffee & Chicory

Oh Uncle Bob - your dinners always make me want to drive to Mississippi and track you down.

I decided to make broiled salmon, roasted red potatoes, asparagus and leftover apple pie & ice cream for dessert.

Oh Uncle Bob - your dinners always make me want to drive to Mississippi and track you down.

Come on down...The chili is ready and on a low simmer ~~~ I'll wait for ya to get here before I stir up the cornbread ~~ However, if ya don't mind, I think I'll start sippin some of the George Dickel ~ :ermm: The front porch light will be on...Come on in...

I am making a chicken casserole made with my new porcelain coated cast iron pot. I browned some chicken pieces and some onion and garlic. Poured a can of mushroom soup and some water and it's in the oven now cooking.

I didn't know what else to make and this is fast and easy. Just want to know how my new pot works!

Today was one of those days. I got up to go to my exercise class, only to find it was canceled. So I snuggled in my recliner with my doggie, slept for an hour or three, but then got up and wound up doing more than I'd ever intended on doing today. Asked hubby what he wanted for supper, specifically it had to include Swiss chard (which is going crazy). So I made a stir fry; beef, green onions, and chard.

I coated some chicken legs with a seasoned flour, put them in a baking pan, drizzled with a little melted butter, and they are now baking in the oven. With that, buttery mashed potatoes and green beans (frozen :ermm:).

Back
Top Bottom