What's for Dinner Monday, October 6, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what is this. Some days its like 6 am EST and today its like 3:08pm EST.

Maybe a walk with a freind and a cookie or 2 when i get home from work.

I'm going to simmer a nice thick ham slice in apple cider and Dijon mustard, bake a sweet potato and steam some broccoli. Nothing sweet in the house for dessert, so need to make some cake mix cookies tomorrow.

I think it's leftovers.... I dont know what's here I just got home.

well, I just figured that one out....I was baking an apple pie and needed to put something in the oven, so I chopped up a few sweet potatoes. I was already planning to serve the last of the corn chowder and a fresh tomato bread salad, so where were the sweet potatoes going to fit? They will be the "croutons" for the soup!

I'm grilling flat iron steak and sweet and red potatoes. I haven't come up with a veggie yet, possibly baked beans.

Barb

I'm going to simmer a nice thick ham slice in apple cider and Dijon mustard, bake a sweet potato and steam some broccoli. Nothing sweet in the house for dessert, so need to make some cake mix cookies tomorrow.

I have never heard of simmering ham in cider. Sounds interesting. Recipe please?:chef:

Had pulled pork, german potato salad, applesauce. Bridezilla has decided to walk to a local pub.....YEAH. Peace and quiet!

yum, pulled pork!!!
is bridezilla your wife? jake would love to call me girlfriendzilla, probably. you 2 would be great buddies, if so.:LOL::ermm:

Well it's my daughter. She is here from England for her wedding on Saturday.

Shame on you Jake!!!!!

Sauteed liver, bacon, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, cucumber salad and apple pie with cheddar cheese.
I'm sure liver will not sound appealing to some of you, but we enjoy it once in a while.

It's way too early for me..... to be eating supper that is. I'm done already. Now I'll probably be hungry in a couple hours anyway :(
But dinner was, a grilled double cheeseburger with onions, Am cheese and mayo, some of those wienies and beans from the other night with a little catsup on top :) and some homefries with onions and a little sour cream on top. Alright, a lot of sour cream on top :angel:
I'm going to make a sundae later, with Spanish peanuts on top, and hope it holds me through til tomorrow.

I like liver essie, I just haven't had any since my mother used to make it. Calves liver, floured and fried in bacon grease. mmmm. I may have to make that some day.

Back
Top Bottom