What's For Dinner Monday, Sept. 11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
Today is hubby's birthday so we're having fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, fresh creamed corn, biscuits, & a white cake with chocolate icing.

sauteed savoy cabbage with hot sausage shallots chicken broth and a drop o white wine...all cooked up and served over brown rice with a bit of soy sauce for the salt. very simple, very tasty, and using chicken sausage and olive oil, healthy.

Roasted pork loin, potatoes and green beans. Green salad, probably and sherbet for dessert.

I thinking of a can of Progresso soup and a slice of brioche.
It's Monday, it feels like Monday, and I think it's going to feel like Monday for at least another three days.

UGH!!! My supper plans have changed. My dear, loving, & thoughtful:rolleyes: MIL called to tell me that she is picking up supper for hubby tonight & that I shouldn't cook him anything. So, the kids & I will be eating leftover chicken strips, green bean cass., & pineapple cass. from yesterday while hubby dines on veal parmesan. I love my MIL but at times like this, she really irks me!!!:furious: But then again maybe I'm touchy because I subbed in 2 classes today & I feel like I'm coming down with a cold.

Happy Birthday to the hubs crewsk. Tonight we had pork loin roast, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans and some chunky applesauce

I've got some scallops going on tonight. Think I will do a white wine garlic cream sauce and some pasta to go with it. The kids will gag if I try to feed them that, so I will do some kind of sausage for them.

Sea Bass in butter, olive oil, white wine, herbs. Green beans from the farmers market, maybe sauteed w/garlic or maybe just steamed. Basmati rice pilaf. Watermelon for dessert.

We're leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow, so it was clean out the fridge time. 1 pork chop, leftover meatloaf, leftover prime rib ( I snaffled that) fried rice, half a baked potato, bbq'd carrots and onions, 4 tbsp squash, bit of caesar dressing, bit of vinaigraette. The most demented meal I've served in ages. But fun.:)

I pulled some leftover chicken, made gravy and had hot chicken sandwiches with a salad.

...s'mores for dessert. We make them in the microwave.

I picked up some pizza dough at Trader Joe's so we are having home made pizza..One with red sauce, mozz,salami,onions and parmesan, the other with browned sausage,pepperoni,browned hamburger,onions,mushrooms,red sauce,mozz and parmesan..small green salad and 1 piece of gooey chocolate cake from yesterday..

kadesma:)

It's Indian Night here, for no particular reason. The recipes are from Quick & Easy Indian Cooking, by the queen of Indian Cooking, Madhur Jaffery.

Masalewala Murgh (Spicy Grilled Chicken)
Matar Makhani (Green Peas in a Creamy Sauce)
Basmati Rice (in the rice cooker)

Wine is a Spanish white (why not? India isn't making good wine --yet!), a Marques de Caceres 2005 Rioja, about $5 at Trader Joe's (an excellent value).

Oh, TJ's is supplying the chutney, too.

If anyone is interested in these recipes, which are great and very easy, PM me.

Back
Top Bottom