What's for Dinner Monday Sept 12/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight kids had leftover roast dinner as neither of them bothered with it yesterday, though the baby mostly ate bread & butter (is a bit under the weather at the mo).

Me and dh had pasta cabornara - it is the only creamy sauce he'll eat, though he does cover it in balsamic vinegar <bleurgh>

Tonight we're having something new. I found this recipe a couple of days ago and thought it looked delicious so I figured it was worth trying so tonight that's what we'll be having.

Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich with Deli Ham (cooked in pineapple syrup) with Pineapple and Pepper Jack Cheese really excited about trying it :)

Attachments

• IMG_38411.jpg
    IMG_38411.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 196
Tonight we're having something new. I found this recipe a couple of days ago and thought it looked delicious so I figured it was worth trying so tonight that's what we'll be having.

Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich with Deli Ham (cooked in pineapple syrup) with Pineapple and Pepper Jack Cheese really excited about trying it :)

That looks and sounds good. Let us know how you liked it and any changes you may make, please.

If only I had some taco seasoning...

Taco Seasoning Mix

· 1/4 cup dried minced onion
· 1/4 cup chili powder
· 3 tablespoons salt
· 4 teaspoons cornstarch
· 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
· 1 tablespoon ground cumin
· 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
· 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
· 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
· ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
· 1 pound ground beef
· 1/3 cup water

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. To prepare tacos: In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Thanks Patty! Will give it a try!

Leftover loafpan lasagna. It firmed up a bit in the fridge. Don't make the same mistake I did with adding too much water due to the no boil noodles. Still really good flavor.

The Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich was DELICIOUS and it didn't take long to cook at all. But for those of you that would like the recipe here it is.

4 chicken breasts
1 bottle Teriyaki sauce (we used Lawry's brand)
3/4 c. brown sugar
4 slices deli ham
1 can sliced pineapple (or you can use fresh which would be even better)
4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
4 large hamburger buns

Pound chicken breasts until they are about 1/4" thick all around. Place in a large Ziploc bag. Combine Teriyaki sauce and brown sugar until sugar dissolves. Add 1/2 of the mixture to the bag with the chicken and seal tightly. Place bag in refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours. Separate remaining Teriyaki mixture into 2 separate bowls (to prevent cross contamination use 2 separate brushes too)-- one for the pineapple, one for the chicken. Open pineapple can and save a little of the juice in a bowl. Place chicken and pineapple on the grill (medium heat).

Brush with Teriyaki sauce every few minutes until chicken and pineapple are done-- try to only flip the chicken and pineapple once. Either on the grill or in a frying pan, cook ham with a little of the pineapple juice until it becomes nice and hot. Slice open hamburger buns and place a piece of cooked chicken on each bottom bun. Top with cheese, ham, grilled pineapple, and bun top. Serve immediately with remaining grilled pineapple.

I just finished my grilled cajun wings along with potato wedges and some carrots and celery.

Thanks Patty! Will give it a try!

Leftover loafpan lasagna. It firmed up a bit in the fridge. Don't make the same mistake I did with adding too much water due to the no boil noodles. Still really good flavor.

I use no boil noodles, but have never added any water. It comes out just fine.

Tonight was burritos with the taco meat mixture from yesterday. I still have a container left for either more tacos or chili. I think I'll freeze it for now.

Last edited:
Texas Cooking: Chicken Fried Chicken w/cream gravy. Good flavors. Had to use extra liquid in gravy and it was still thick. Mis en place but probably mis-en-measured the roux flour.

Alton Brown: Best Ever Bean Casserole - Pan fried the onion rings like others suggensted. Good Eats, just like he said.

Yesterday's peeled baked potato - Reheated. Mashed. Tasty.

Spent the day shopping, for something we never found (jeans to fit my husband). Then stopped at a pub-type place several people recommended and found it was closed on Mondays. Roll of eyes (don't feel like looking for the icon). Frustrating day overall. We just did what I call "eating around", that is we chose what we want from what is here (almost always home-made leftovers), nuke and move on to a better day.

My first try at saltimbocca and it was pretty good.
Pork saltimbocca (boneless pork loin pounded thin, prosciutto, Swiss cheese, my AP seasoning, poultry seasoning rolled jelly roll fashion and secured with toothpicks then pan fried in butter), pan gravy (dry white wine, chicken stock, butter and flour). Served mash red potatoes (red potatoes in jackets, sour cream, butter, sea salt, ground peppercorns and dry chives) and fresh steamed green beans and sliced mushroom caps sautéed in butter and sliced almonds.

img_1048403_0_660c71ca94b3dbadf8e3a5270820f224.jpg

img_1048403_1_eceb310c92581186c7bc668baf48b88a.jpg

img_1048403_2_2dad68af5770138f9e9a080e1977cf1b.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight we had a mega-salad of lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, sweet onion, cauliflower, chickpeas, etc., and some leftover pizza.

Back
Top Bottom