What's for Dinner, Monday September 8, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Joe....where do you go to get good pizza out?? We haven't had any luck lately. I so like getting pizza out than to order in.

We're having veal picatta made with pork, fresh green beans and probably a salad.

Barb

Wow this thread got a real late start.

I am making 2 types of pasta bakes. One is farfalle pasta with a country sausage tomato sauce and mozarella cheese and the other is bowtie pasta with zuchini, marinara sauce and a blend of mozarella, parmesian, and romano cheese.

And of course garlic bread and salad.

I have an abundance of bagels in my freezer. (Imagine that.)
I think I'll make the kids some of my famous bagel pizzas..
I'm not really hungry.

It's just me tonight so I think I'll take some chicken, salsa and cheese and do something like chicken parm except use salsa instead of marinara. Don't know what I'll serve with it yet. Maybe make some rice. BTW, JoeV, you should try Guido's in Chesterland. They have awesome food! I get their pizza every time we go back to visit family. Even my kids say it's better than the chains we have here in VA.

Hey Joe....where do you go to get good pizza out?? We haven't had any luck lately. I so like getting pizza out than to order in.

We're having veal picatta made with pork, fresh green beans and probably a salad.

Barb

We get the best pizza at home, but we had Luigi's tonight at the church. It's not too bad, but its just cheese and sauce. We are in charge of the kitchen for the Generations of Faith program each month on Sunday and Monday evenings (fed 475 people between the two nights...pizza, salad and cookies for dessert), so we get the leftovers when everyone is done being served and the kitchen is cleaned up. Since we don't actually have to cook, we consider this a "dining out experience.":LOL: Fortunately, we just have to do this one weekend a month.

Joe

It's just me tonight so I think I'll take some chicken, salsa and cheese and do something like chicken parm except use salsa instead of marinara. Don't know what I'll serve with it yet. Maybe make some rice. BTW, JoeV, you should try Guido's in Chesterland. They have awesome food! I get their pizza every time we go back to visit family. Even my kids say it's better than the chains we have here in VA.

We go past there when we visit my brother in Chagrin Falls. It's in the little plaza just north of Mayfield Rd. We'll have to give it a try sometime. Actually, we have a single friend who lives in Chesterland, so we'll take her to dinner there in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip!

Joe

Lamb shanks ( recipe posted yesterday)

and mashed potatoes. It won't be done for awhile but boy does it smell good!!

Tacos using leftover ribeye steaks. Coronas.

The tacos came out pretty good. I combined thinly sliced ribeye with various hot peppers from the garden and some jarred taco sauce on a 6" corn tortilla. Leftover bell pepper rice, homemade red beans and fried plantain. One napkin for your mouth and another for your forehead. It was spicy. Coronas went down nicely.

The tacos came out pretty good. I combined thinly sliced ribeye with various hot peppers from the garden and some jarred taco sauce on a 6" corn tortilla. Leftover bell pepper rice, homemade red beans and fried plantain. One napkin for your mouth and another for your forehead. It was spicy. Coronas went down nicely.

:LOL:
Heat is good once in a while.

dw had to go to the doc and i had to fix stuff around the house, so dw picked up japanese on the way home.

we had a sashimi box dinner (with hijiki, gyoza, tempura veggies, rice, sashimi, and a california roll); a chicken teryaki dinner with broccoli, beansprouts, and rice; and a sushi deluxe platter, with an extra salmon skin hand roll.

Back
Top Bottom