"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2019, 04:03 PM   #1
Certified Pretend Chef

What's for Dinner Monday the 30th?

I have a condo board meeting tonight. As a result, SO will be feasting on some TJs frozen entree while I'm gone and I'll have what's leftover from last night's dinner of ribeye, roasted potatoes and broiled zucchini.

What's on your plate today?

Old 09-30-2019, 05:14 PM   #2
Master Chef

Will heat up some leftovers; potatoes, ham, cheese, green chiles, white sauce. Made a fresh batch of salsa, so some of that with tortilla chips.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:48 PM   #3
Executive Chef

I'm baking a pan of chicken enchiladas to celebrate Dx's home from the hospital following surgery last week. She's doing fine now and happy to be home again. 3 different friends sent over plates of brownies, so we will some of those and Ice Cream for laters.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:03 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Whiska, if you need help with those brownies, I have vanilla ice cream I can bring. Seriously, though, I hope she's back to full recovery soon.

I'm currently terribly annoyed with Himself. Details will not follow. Let's just say that he'll be lucky if I cook this week. Who am I kidding - I'll be going through "I miss cooking" withdrawal sooner than I'll be done being annoyed. He'll get fed...eventually.

"Remember, all that matters in the end is getting the meal on the table." ~ Julia Child
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:03 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Made a batch of enchilada sauce, thawed and heated previously made enchiladas and made sides of Spanish rice and a green salad..

Baked Aldi's apple strudel for later..

Ross
Old 09-30-2019, 06:06 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Pizza - Mama Mary mini thin crust, sauce, spices, grated cheese, shredded cheddar, shredded mozzarella, red & green bells, onion, mushroom, sweet Italian sausage and black olives.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza_093019_IMG_6293.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	36873
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:34 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Porchetta sliders with caramelized onions, provolone and roasted vege mayo on toasted buns. Side is potato chunks steamed, then roasted/fried with olive oil and salt and pepper.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2019-09-30 18.13.28.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	36875  
medtran49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:26 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Yummy looking suppers msmofet and medtran. Medtran, that supper sounds really interesting.

I pooped myself out making Roasted Root Vegi Bisque. It was yummy. DH had it with buttered whole grain wheat bread. I had it with Danish heavy rye. Two separate smoke detectors went off at different times. Nothing was burnt. Okay, there were dark bits on the vegis, but not burnt. (Not this time, it has happened in the past.) I'm stuffed.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:32 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

The Souschef brought home some Poke bowls from town for lunch, and we're finishing them for dinner. Good stuff...

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:59 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Porchetta sliders with caramelized onions, provolone and roasted vege mayo on toasted buns. Side is potato chunks steamed, then roasted/fried with olive oil and salt and pepper.
Mmm, making porchetta is on my bucket list. How did you make it and what parts did you use? I've seen recipes using either shoulder or belly, or sometimes shoulder wrapped around the belly. I'm guessing you didn't do a whole pig for the two of you
Old 10-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

I made pan-fried shrimp over a blistered cherry tomato sauce and spaghetti, topped with toasted lemony bread crumbs, with a green salad on the side.

Name:	0930192012a.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	36879
Old 10-01-2019, 11:22 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Mmm, making porchetta is on my bucket list. How did you make it and what parts did you use? I've seen recipes using either shoulder or belly, or sometimes shoulder wrapped around the belly. I'm guessing you didn't do a whole pig for the two of you

Half of a pork loin and a large piece of pork belly wrapped around the loin. I guess you could do it with a boneless shoulder, but the belly is always on the outside so some of the fat renders and it gets nice and crispy. I'll start a thread of how I did it. I slice the leftovers in thin slices and in thick slices (even using half we had LOTS of leftovers), wrap them in plastic wrap in portion sizes, then bag those in separate marked gallon bags so I can tell them apart. We're down to 1 package left after quite a few meals. We also put the thin slices on a pizza with sweated leeks and garlic, pecorino romano, and then, once cooked, crack a couple of eggs and put back on the grill with top down for a couple of minutes, then break egg before eating. Thick slices get reheated and served like we did originally, usually with a potato/fennel/gruyere/cream gratin and a green vege of some sort.

I've been thinking about doing an all pork belly one. We'll see after we get the last package used up.
medtran49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:22 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

BBQ Beef, Carrots & Onions in the Crock-pot, over
Rice... Salad

Name:	BBQ Beef, Slow Cooker.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	36880

Tags
dinner