What's for dinner Oct. 14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Beef Tenderloin, rubbed with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, seared then topped with mayo, honey-sweet +hot mustard, dijon mustard, roasted garlic and smoked paprika marinade, to be roasted, Roasted red potatoes with garlic, rosemary, Evoo, honey glazed julienned carrots.

Not sure if I will make a cake or something else for dessert.

that looks really good, grantskat ...
since i decided to take some time off work ..
i am going to get the pit fired up ...
smoked meatloaf ..
abts ..
wings ..
and a fattie ..

I've got a lot of green beans to use up from the bag I opened last night, so am going to make a green bean concoction using spinach, diced potatoes, bacon, maybe some cabbage, maybe some diced tomatoes..... ham...... the refrigerator is the limit!

I was going to make grilled fish and brown rice (on a bit of a health kick at the moment) but DH called to say he bought some really nice beef kebabs and wants to barbeque tonight so barbeque it is. Making lentil and veg salad to go with it so don't feel too guilty!

Paul will have left over chicken from last night with some pasta added
I'm having salad and veggies.

we are having friends over tonight and this morning I made a cole slaw, and dessert is in the oven. Its a pear custard bar recipe that I make many modifications to! This is an award winning recipe, just google pear custard bars recipe, I use a soft goat cheese in place of cream cheese, almonds, extra flavorings, it is very rich, can't imagine using cream cheese..

will make another corn bread tamale pie and fresh italian bread

I made lunch for my Aunt and Uncle.... Corn Chowder and sandwiches. Cranberry-Orange muffins.
There's a boatload of it left, I think that'll do again.... if I ever get unfull from round one.

Had my left over steak, mushrooms and garlic mashed taters from Outback last night. DH is on his own since I have class.

This concoction is getting wild and wooly looking. The more I look at it, the more I wish I had some shrimp.......
...... but I do have some frozen tilapia filets :chef:

Attachments

• One Pot 10-14.jpg
    One Pot 10-14.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 162
Sweet potato french fries.
Catfish nuggets deep fried. Battered with pancake batter souped up with emeril's esence, adobo and some chili powder.

Not bad stuff.

AC

Was out all day today, so picked up a frozen lasagna for supper (didn't we just mention frozen meals in another thread?? LOL).

DD and I feasted on leftover chicken AGAIN (from Sunday but sooo good) - I made some cauliflower in cheese sauce and brown rice too. Made some strawberry cream jello from yesterday - it was good again!

Busy, busy day at work. Got called to a fire assignment in Southern California. Had to decline, too much work to do. I spent most of the day hiking through the forest looking at an aspen restoration project. So, I was too tired tonight to cook much of a dinner. I had turkey basil sausage, risotto and 3 bean salad.

Back
Top Bottom