What's for Dinner on Halloween Night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We'll be busy with trick or treating as our grandson is coming here with his parents and we'll be greeting and feeding all the little ones that wander by.

We have take-out pizza on the menu for tonight.

Not sure yet. I have to put up the inflatables and the yard lights and we will be giving out candy from 6-8 tonight. Maybe just soup, salad, and sandwiches or what ever is in the fridge.

We just finished out big meal for the day, well minced cornbeef hash and French Onion scrambled eggs, with coffee and oj. Later, I might stew some beef for a quick stroganoff over noodles.

We are having chicken.mortadella.ham sandwiches and a bread pudding of tomatoes.shallots.gar;ic.basil.parsley
Kids candy is dessert

kades

Haven't thought about dinner yet. How I envy all of you with the little trick or treaters....I used to just love having them come to the door. When I moved into this over 50 gated community, that was the end of that. It's times like this I really miss a "normal" neighborhood.
Enjoy !!

I am finally going to make "Smells like Thanksgiving" with Turkey cutlets this time. Baked Sweet Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli and Pumpkin Pie Bites.

I made a hot dog with Sauerkraut, Avocado, Diced Tomato, Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Mustard and Chile Sauce.

img_932007_0_5e68d971297a5cf1fb1a0b9a169f99ee.jpg

Last edited:
left overs! I'm not cooking at all today since we spent 20 hours traveling to football games and band competitions yesterday. Trick or treat is 6pm to 8pm. Not sure how many we'll get since the past 3 years we haven't been home.

Rose's Party Chicken here, with a green salad and orzo.

We've got a passel of teenagers coming over to party in the basement so I'll have a crapload of snackie things out too.

Last edited:
I remember being a kid and thinking that when I was a Mom I would get to eat all the Reeses PB cups and Mounds, just like my Mom and Dad, confiscating them from the treat bags.:ermm:
Halloween when my daughter had braces was a pretty good time for me. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

We are having pork chops, sweet potatoes, and corn on the cob.

:)Barbara

Halloween when my daughter had braces was a pretty good time for me. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

We are having pork chops, sweet potatoes, and corn on the cob.

:)Barbara

Well, I don't get to torture my owns kids, so I do my best torturing my sisters and brother, buying noisy toys for their kids.:LOL:

Off to do hand outs at work...I have a chuck steak slow cooking, it'll be ready to shred when I get home.

I'm about to make chicken fried steak out of that mystery King steak I have. We'll have boiled potatoes and salad with that. I'm still deciding if I want to make a plain garlic vinaigrette or a Ranch dressing.

The chicken fried steak was yummy. How is it different from schnitzel?

The organic potatoes with sour cream and chives were good and the salad was yummy. I decided on the garlic vinaigrette. It's cold outside, so I didn't want to go cut the scallions and parsley. The chives were cut yesterday when I was make a fake Boursin for the Halloween party I went to.

Isn't schnitzel generally made with veal, pounded very thin? It has a different gravy, too, I think. I've never had it.

I think it was originally made with veal. It is often made with pork and sometimes chicken. I have never actually heard of it being made with beef.

I think it was originally made with veal. It is often made with pork and sometimes chicken. I have never actually heard of it being made with beef.
schnitzel is made with veal, pound thin alight breading,lemon, I have a wonderful recipe and we are trying to decide between schnitzel or prime rib for Thanksgiving.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom