What's for dinner on Saucy Saturday? 10/12/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The mini TDay dinner was pretty darn good! DH didn't want "mashed" potatoes, so we just cooked redskins, skin-on and fork mashed them on the plate. I like my potatoes mashed with butter and cream or evap milk. DH calls them "creamed potatoes" that's what his family called them. In his family "mashed" is what we had tonight. Oh well! Still tasted good!

image-3644110747.jpg

Looks so good I could eat a third of that! Another reason to have a small dinner on TDay, I just can't eat the amounts I used to.:pig:

Thanks! Lol, it looks like a lot, but it's all inside the rim if the plate, I just had the camera close to the plate..... Playmate it was more than I needed, but all I had to eat earlier today was a piece of toast!

We had homemade pizza that I had in part prepared the day before. I had made the tomato sauce and the dough and left it to leaven in the fridge. Me and BF went to a party on Friday so I wanted minimal effort yesterday but still great "day after" food. It was very successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, Pacanis...that looks wonderful. :chef:

I made a half recipe of a Chile Relleno casserole yesterday, and had some of it for this afternoon's dinner along with a pulled pork taco. :yum: I roasted a pork shoulder last month, shredded it, and froze it into small one person packages for future use, so just grabbed one of those.

Cooking for one, while still wanting to enjoy good meals without resorting to boxed or take out, can be challenging at times. Thank goodness for Food Savers - don't know what I'd do without it, bless it's overworked little heart. :)
View attachment 18778

Thank you. All those veggies really hit the spot.

Gorgeous taco :yum: Lots of good looking stuff in there.
Here's a good taco recipe to use with pulled pork as well.
Korean Style Tacos with Kogi BBQ Sauce | Steamy Kitchen Recipes

Back
Top Bottom