"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #31
Senior Cook

our weather is beautiful today so I've been soaking up the sun on the deck.

Supper is simple tonight - Cream of Jalapeno Soup base is simmering on the stovetop. When DH gets home I'll puree the veggies, put it all back in the pan, and add the half-and-half to finish it off. If he wants some meat, he can make a ham and cheese sandwich to go with.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #32
Head Chef

I made a kettle of beef/vegtable soup.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Can someone (a mod) please tell me why my subjectline was changed? It wasn't offensive, people had been responding to it before it was changed..... I don't get it.
Can I also know who had to change it and for what reason?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #34
Senior Cook

Well it's been snowing here off and on all day today! What a trip going to see my mom, slip, sliding away.... ds got sent home early from work (Outback) because there were only 15 tables occupied. lol

I've had hamburger soup in the crockpot all day and it sure smells good. That's for snack tonight and dinner tomorrow. Ds requested meatloaf w/brown gravy, mashed potatoes and kernel corn, so that's dinner tonight.

Barb
Old 11-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #35
Master Chef

We're having grilled chicken salad with avocados, real bacon bits and homemade bleu cheese dressing on hearts of Romaine.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #36
Sous Chef

Mediterranean style stuffed cabbage rolls, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, French bread... It was yummy!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #37
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Can someone (a mod) please tell me why my subjectline was changed? It wasn't offensive, people had been responding to it before it was changed..... I don't get it.

Thanks

Don't sweat it. It happened to me too. Someone is picky about the way the subject line is worded, thats all.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobagirl View Post
our weather is beautiful today so I've been soaking up the sun on the deck.

Supper is simple tonight - Cream of Jalapeno Soup base is simmering on the stovetop. When DH gets home I'll puree the veggies, put it all back in the pan, and add the half-and-half to finish it off. If he wants some meat, he can make a ham and cheese sandwich to go with.
Hey, scoobagirl, that sounds great. Would you post your recipe for Cream of Jalapeno Soup? I have a few dozen jalapenos in the freezer from the summer garden.

We had a change of plans. DH couldn't find the kind of pork chops I wanted for tonight, so instead I made Creole chicken fricassee with chipotle chicken sausage over rice.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #39
Certified Cake Maniac

Okay, yesterday I wanted to use up a few chicken thighs and mushrooms so was going to make cacciatore. Then DH came in with some sole fillets and baby spinach he got at Granville Island Market and asked if that could be dinner.

I wasn't feeling great today so thought oh good, the border is out again and I can make the cacciatore. I woke up from a nap to find the border and dh had the thighs for lunch!

So, I thawed some spaghetti sauce and a piece of french bread, made some mushroom alfredo for me, a Caesar salad and then boiled a bunch of noodles (gluten free and regular), made garlic bread, slapped it all on the table and said "there's dinner".

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post

Thanks
Pacanis,
I've been gone most of the day, but it's possible that there were two threads about the same subject and one of the other mods just merged them to make one..I don't know but will see if I can find out more for you.
Kadesma