What's For Dinner on This 4th Of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having beef schnitzels and baked potatoes with bacon, pineapple and sour cream..YUM :yum:

We are gathering animals by the pairs here, so much rain. We are praying that it will slack off as we have about 40 people coming to our house at 5 today. We have some of th best food and wonderful friends. I know we will have a good time even if we have to stay inside. Have fun and be safe and God bless those fighting for our freedom around the world.

A hot dog, a hamburger and a salad!

Kylie,

I am going to try your idea of pineapple and sour cream. When we were kids our Grandmother used to serve ice cold seedless grapes topped with sour cream and a sprinkling of brown sugar. I never thought about using other kinds of fruit.

Hope everyone has a safe 4th of July!

I have to leave my family gathering her at home today and head over to my sister's for a cookout with our nephew and niece-in-law who are visiting from California. So I have no clue what's for dinner. I know it will be delicious because my sister is cooking.

The usual for the 4th.:LOL: Hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes for a salad and for the burgers bbq sauce were making, fruit salad, snacks,popcorn,with parm on it, salami slices stuffed with cream cheese and pepperoncine,peppers deepfried with cheese in them, desserts, chocolate cake with a great caramel sauce for it as well as on vanilla ice cream. and that's it:ROFLMAO:
kades

Going to my sister's for our celebration. We'll have hot dogs and pork bbq, various potato and macaroni salads, snacks, and desserts depending on what everyone is bringing. Then after we stuff ourselves with food, we'll sit in her backyard for the fireworks.

The usual for the 4th.:LOL: Hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes for a salad and for the burgers bbq sauce were making, fruit salad, snacks,popcorn,with parm on it, salami slices stuffed with cream cheese and pepperoncine,peppers deepfried with cheese in them, desserts, chocolate cake with a great caramel sauce for it as well as on vanilla ice cream. and that's it:ROFLMAO:
kades

When do we eat?:ohmy:

We'll be having herb roasted chicken, with smashed spuds, gravy, and steamed carrots for DW, with broccoli and Soubise Sauce. Maybe I'll make a desert to go with it, something with gelatine, maybe a chocolate panacotta.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

HOTDOGS

Four of us did the shopping yesterday for the HOA 2nd annual Party on the Fourth. Last years experience caused the menu to be simplified this year. By history, there are some wonderful cooks in this group and the pot lucks are noteworthy. I will be baking brownies this morning. But I'm really looking forward to the puff pastries with mushrooms, goat cheese and shallots that reportedly will be there.

No idea what we're having for dinner. I started cooking pancakes at 5 am this morning, so I'm not much in a cooking mood anymore. This afternoon we're heading to a 4th of July carnival type thing at the next town over. We're planning to go see a band tonight, and then fireworks.

Somewhere in there we'll eat. Hopefully it won't be at home, but if it is, I've got some hamburgers in the fridge as backup.

I'm heading down to my Ma's house for that wonderful feast! :heart::flowers:

But first, I am hoping to have lunch with my sister as we have a noon bank meeting. If she is up to it we will go to a popular family restaurant in my neighbourhood. I will break my diet and have their delicious fish and chips! :)

Hey Ho, HI Uncle Bob! Good to see you.

Himself will be grilling burgers and potato disks. Just beef patties, nothin' in them but S&P. I'll saute all the mushrooms up since I'll buy fresh at the store tomorrow, and a huge onion for Himself's burger(s). I'll be making a fresh fruit salad shortly (cherries, peaches, blue- and raspberries) which we'll have as dessert. Mmm-maybe with a dab of vanilla ice cream getting melty all over it. Oh, sounds good! :yum:

And like GA Home Cook said, a big thank you and blessings on our troops who have left heart and home so that we can celebrate today.
smiley_flag.gif

A hot dog, a hamburger and a salad!

Kylie,

I am going to try your idea of pineapple and sour cream. When we were kids our Grandmother used to serve ice cold seedless grapes topped with sour cream and a sprinkling of brown sugar. I never thought about using other kinds of fruit.

Hope everyone has a safe 4th of July!

Yes, please do Bea :)

We have the baked potato, butter it all, then add shredded cheese, then pineapple, diced cooked bacon and then cover in sour cream...it is delicious :yum:

I have some short ribs marinating in Kalbi sauce. My husband will grill those up and serve with rice and some salad. Apple pie for later.

I will be spending the evening with a friend who had surgery and is coming home from the hospital later today. She's had a rough few days and needs some help for the next day or so.

Back
Top Bottom