"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

What's For Dinner on This 4th Of July

Tonight we are having beef schnitzels and baked potatoes with bacon, pineapple and sour cream..YUM

Old 07-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
Senior Cook

We are gathering animals by the pairs here, so much rain. We are praying that it will slack off as we have about 40 people coming to our house at 5 today. We have some of th best food and wonderful friends. I know we will have a good time even if we have to stay inside. Have fun and be safe and God bless those fighting for our freedom around the world.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Master Chef

A hot dog, a hamburger and a salad!

Kylie,

I am going to try your idea of pineapple and sour cream. When we were kids our Grandmother used to serve ice cold seedless grapes topped with sour cream and a sprinkling of brown sugar. I never thought about using other kinds of fruit.

Hope everyone has a safe 4th of July!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

I have to leave my family gathering her at home today and head over to my sister's for a cookout with our nephew and niece-in-law who are visiting from California. So I have no clue what's for dinner. I know it will be delicious because my sister is cooking.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

The usual for the 4th. Hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes for a salad and for the burgers bbq sauce were making, fruit salad, snacks,popcorn,with parm on it, salami slices stuffed with cream cheese and pepperoncine,peppers deepfried with cheese in them, desserts, chocolate cake with a great caramel sauce for it as well as on vanilla ice cream. and that's it
kades
Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
Master Chef

Going to my sister's for our celebration. We'll have hot dogs and pork bbq, various potato and macaroni salads, snacks, and desserts depending on what everyone is bringing. Then after we stuff ourselves with food, we'll sit in her backyard for the fireworks.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
The usual for the 4th. Hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes for a salad and for the burgers bbq sauce were making, fruit salad, snacks,popcorn,with parm on it, salami slices stuffed with cream cheese and pepperoncine,peppers deepfried with cheese in them, desserts, chocolate cake with a great caramel sauce for it as well as on vanilla ice cream. and that's it
kades
When do we eat?

We'll be having herb roasted chicken, with smashed spuds, gravy, and steamed carrots for DW, with broccoli and Soubise Sauce. Maybe I'll make a desert to go with it, something with gelatine, maybe a chocolate panacotta.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
Executive Chef

HOTDOGS

Four of us did the shopping yesterday for the HOA 2nd annual Party on the Fourth. Last years experience caused the menu to be simplified this year. By history, there are some wonderful cooks in this group and the pot lucks are noteworthy. I will be baking brownies this morning. But I'm really looking forward to the puff pastries with mushrooms, goat cheese and shallots that reportedly will be there.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #9
Wine Guy

No idea what we're having for dinner. I started cooking pancakes at 5 am this morning, so I'm not much in a cooking mood anymore. This afternoon we're heading to a 4th of July carnival type thing at the next town over. We're planning to go see a band tonight, and then fireworks.

Somewhere in there we'll eat. Hopefully it won't be at home, but if it is, I've got some hamburgers in the fridge as backup.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #10
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm heading down to my Ma's house for that wonderful feast!

But first, I am hoping to have lunch with my sister as we have a noon bank meeting. If she is up to it we will go to a popular family restaurant in my neighbourhood. I will break my diet and have their delicious fish and chips!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner