What's for dinner on Thursday, 12-29-16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't think of it yesterday, so I had to use yeast. I didn't have time to set the sponge today if I wanted the Elders to eat before midnight ;).

Can you give me your recipe please

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

One lone pancake covered in butter and wild blueberry jam from Maine. I wanted a second one, but had to limit my carb intake. Next time I will skip the pancake and just eat the jam out of the jar.

I received the jam as a gift. It is made by Stonewallkitchen.com I am not a big fan of pancakes, but will eat one or two at a time. I usually just put butter and a sprinkle of sugar on them. But I found a new love with this blueberry jam. The taste is an OMG moment! Pancakes are in my future.

I love Stonewall kitchens stuff, Addie. I've never tried their preserves, but we regularly buy their Curried Mango sauce, and their Maine Maple Champagne mustard. Both go great on DW's extra healthy, extra plain cooking like chicken cutlets, or grilled skinless chicken legs and breasts.

I'll have to check out the sweet stuff.

Will do, thanks Andy.

I love a good Bloody Mary now and again. If you add horseradish and a leafy celery stick, it's like having a salad. :cool:

Can you give me your recipe please

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking
I will PM it to you. I did it in the bread machine to mix it. But, you could do it in a Stand Mixer or by hand. Still have to figure out the crust issue...loved the texture and the taste. Dense, dark, rich.

We celebrated one of my best accomplishments today: the 36th anniversary of me giving birth to twins. :LOL: I know, most people consider that celebrating someone's birthday. Well, if it hadn't been for me (and a little help from Dad), those buggers wouldn't have a birthday to celebrate, now would they?

We had planned on going to Michael Symon's Cleveland-style BBQ place, Mabel's BBQ, until I remembered that the Cleveland Cavaliers were playing their game in town tonight...a block or two from Mabel's. Not wanting to pay $40+ to park, we were close enough to his burger place, B-Spot, so we pulled in there. Himself was odd-man out and had a bratwurst sandwich. The rest of us had some variation of a burger. Mine had prosciutto, arugula, tomato, and some sort of white cheese (I forgot the type). Toppings on those burgers are wasted anyway. The beef is SO Good they really don't need extras.

Five of us (Goober's best friend went with us) shared three kinds of apps: Lola Fries (dusted with rosemary salt), fresh-made pork rinds, and onion rings. TWO servings of onion rings - they were that good. :yum:

Oh dear, I want a slice of that. I love dark breads. The only kind I do like.
On the way to you, Addie. I added cocoa and granulated instant coffee to the flour. And, I brushed cold coffee on the top and sprinkled rye flakes on it. Perfect taste and texture, just got to figure out how to get the crust the way I like it. Too chewy...maybe drop the temp?

You do know I just wing it in the kitchen. I did this one quite well--with the bread, the corned beef, the quick sauerkraut and the dressing. The only thing I didn't wing was the cheese.

Last edited:
We got shorted by our supplier(again) and had to do a late evening run into the city for meat...Not crazy about a three hour drive but on the bright side we get to stop for Pho, Tom Yum, and Shrimp Rice Paper wraps..

what kind of GF noodles do/did you use out of curiosity?

Sorry, I just saw this. I have been using Catelli lately as they are quite good. There was a brand I got at Costco (can't remember the name) that were the best, with quinoa, corn and I think it was amaranth; however, I haven't been able to get them in awhile. The Catelli noodles are a good texture, taste and, for gluten free, price (though they are still expensive).

Back
Top Bottom