What's For Dinner On Wed. the 26th??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gonna have to be an easy meal for us tonight. We have to go to bed early in order to get up at 2 a.m. for a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning in Nashville at 8.

In view of that, we're having Freschetta frozen pizza and beer. Strawberry cake for dessert.

I am right now doing the quick soak with a package of pinto beans. They will be ready to cook at 2:00 PM.

I have some ham hocks. Any suggestions for other ingredients?
My wife usually makes the beans around here and she adds nothing but water, ham of some sort and salt and pepper.

I was thinking to saute some onion, carrot and celery first? Then the beans. I wonder how chicken stock would work with ham? I have some homemade stock in the freezer.

TIA.

Katie, you have to be up at 2 AM? :ohmy: Sleep well and have a safe trip tomorrow. Hope everything goes well at the doc's.

I cleaned too many mushrooms for last night's supper. I'll be making omelets for us, using a variety of extras for each to order...but we both have to pick mushrooms! We'll have chicken sausage with apple and cubed redskin potatoes on the side.

As a bonus, I found stuff for tomorrow's dinner while I was excavating the freezer for the chicken sausage. My work's half done. :LOL:

I threw together a tuna casserole using a Greek yogurt/sour cream combo instead of the usual cream of mushroom soup. The jury is still out, it's not what we're used to. Probably should have stuck with the cream of mushroom soup.

We celebrated SS day by going to Texas Roadhouse. I love that place. I had pulled pork, a tossed salad, and veggies (broccoli and carrots.) I brought home a lot of pulled pork to go into the freezer for future lunches. I skipped the rolls, as hard as that was.

DH had a steak, salad and steak fries. And a beer. I had water with lemon. Good girl! LOL

Back
Top Bottom