What's for dinner? Sat 13th of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have a wonderful birthday dinner! I'm trying to remember some of the restaurants in Pretoria - but it was a while ago, so it's probably all changed. I remember some great Portuguese restaurant! have fun. x
I found fresh tumeric the other day for the first time in my life! So we are having dhal so that I can use the tumeric.

The weather will determine if I do a beef roast on the weber rotisserie or something cooked inside. Right now, it doesn't look promising for the rotisserie.:(

Very simple tonight:
Deli rotisserie chicken salad, on a croissant with a side of amish creamy macaroni sald (with hard boilded eggs,red pepper,red onion & celery) on some mixed lettuce................icecream sandwich for Hubby

Happy Birthday Snip. Kind of tied to the house today, waiting for the termite inspector, & the outcome. So far, the plan is ravioli (four cheese) 'lasagna', yellow & green zucchini/squash sauteed in butter & garlic, & lemon garlic bread.

I was somewhat disappointed in my Swai Meuneire a few days ago because IMO swai is just not good in that recipe because it's too thick. The classic Meuneire recipe is Petrale Sole Meuneire, so I'm going to see if I can find some nice sole or other thin fish and repeat the recipe tonight, and this time I'll remember the parsley!

I love fish but I haven't been eating much the last year because of my tiny kitchen in my temporary residence, but I guess I finally couldn't stand it anymore not cooking most of my own food, so I'm back to cooking about 5 evenings a week now. It's really great to be back to eating fish because it's so delicious and healthy. I often eat seafood 3-4 times a week particularly shrimp because it goes well in my Thai and Chinese recipes.

And I'm making another run on the Jalapeno Poppers! In fact I've already prepared them (complete with another photo shoot session) and they're resting in my refrigerator until it's almost the dinner hour. Film at 11... er... I mean photos at 11! :)

Greg, those poppers are addictive. I first saw them at a BBQ competition. There they were stuffed whole and smoked. I've made them a few times. I usually season the cream cheese with paprika, garlic and onion. Sometimes I stuff them with Lil Smokies sausage in addition to the cheese.

I can tell they're addictive! I'm already going back for another of the same tonight and it's been less than 24 hours since I first tried them!

Love ABTs... So many ways to stuff them.. tonight we are having bbq chicken .. foil pack taters.. green beans.. i put these on this morning.. and if they are ready by dinner.. will be some pulled pork also..

ForumRunner_20121013_155955.jpg

I packed a cooler today with mini pitas with deli meats and cheeses. Also a bottle of wine along with some crackers, trail mix, and other convenient food items.
I'm spending overnight with several dozen other astronomy geeks at high elevation, away from city lights.

roadfix said:
I packed a cooler today with mini pitas with deli meats and cheeses. Also a bottle of wine along with some crackers, trail mix, and other convenient food items.
I'm spending overnight with several dozen other astronomy geeks at high elevation, away from city lights.

That sounds pretty darn cool.. my 10 year old son is in a gifted program sponsered by NASA ... Hes driving me crazy to take him to the mountains to use his telescope..and watch shooting stars..

That sounds like a great night out to me..have fun RF :)

Last night we had pork sausages and a carrot, fennel and radish salad with a lovely homemade vinaigrette

Grilled ribeye, sauteed Brussel sprouts, garlic bread and some kind of pasta.

Today I simmered some beef stew meat and then made a vegetable beef soup with the usuals, taters, carrots, onions, green beans and rutabaga. I made my Gramma's Danish Egg Dumplings too.

I was goingi to make Date Nut Bread this afternoon. I was sooo busy listening to college football on the radio ( with my eyes closed and my head glued to a pillow) that I sorta "forgot". :sleep: Siesta today, date nut bread Manana.

Spaghetti with Hen of the Woods, pork sausage, and minced clams.

I went deep-freezer diving...came home with a catch of homemade perogies...pan fried those and pan fried (2nd pan) cabbage, grated beet, onion, S&P. Yum!

Back
Top Bottom