What's For Dinner Sat. 4/7/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my :pig: That looks scrumptious. Is one of those platters of meat lamb? Is that all wine that you made?
The platter at the top of the photo is roast lamb. I normally grill it, but got rained out today and ended up using the oven. It still came out quite good.

The two bookend wines are mine. The one on the right with the fancy label is 2009 Pinot Noir. The chilly one on the left (not so fancy label) is 2010 Gewurz.

We were out and about, so we went to Taco Bell for supper. James had a #3 combo--3 Dorrito Taco Supremes, and I had a #1 combo--Taco Supreme with guacamole and a Burrito Supreme with guacamole.

I got so involved with making various side dishes to take for son's feast at his house tomorrow, I fell a bit short with the carrots and potatoes I had planned for dinner.

Dawg, those beautiful little loin lamb chops have gone up $2.00 per lb. and now are $8.00 a lb!! Ykies!!! :ermm:

We ended up having the chops, asparagus and crab stuffed mushrooms.

C
img_1127256_0_9f5bf95769fffb18027a9a59b9a6381d.jpg
Cooked to a perfect pink.

img_1127256_1_4d3c7f8f4b8a8236c910077f8263d361.jpg

Nice looking dinner pics there folks.

We had just our family Easter dinner tonight. DxW made a glazed ham, green beans, scalloped taters and home made yeast rolls and a green salad. She made a raspberry "fluff" with some frozen berries she hoarded from last summer's garden for dessert. I helped with after dinner dishes and we watched out the window while Jr played frisbee with her dog in the backyard. I don't think I could do that kind of exercise so soon after dinner.

Am thinking ginger and OJ glaze. Huh. We're out of OJ. So maybe lime juice.

I am so envious of your lamb chops, Kayelle! Last time we were at Costco (many miles from us visiting the rels) I looked for them per your recommendation, and didn't see them.

How do you make your carrots?

Dawg, the last time I made carrots it was with a glaze of Kalauha, and browned butter.
I have to do that again soon. :yum:

Kayelle said:
Dawg, the last time I made carrots it was with a glaze of Kalauha, and browned butter.
I have to do that again soon. :yum:

Oh, that sounds really good, Kayelle! The coffee liqueur, right?

Back
Top Bottom