What's for Dinner? Sat, Feb 7th, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Tonight we had Calf's Liver smothered in bacon and caramelized onions, plus three kinds of leftover veggies that I needed to get out of the fridge.

Anyone else eating on this Saturday night?

Someone sandpapered my throat last night, so Himself is currently on a Broasted chicken run from a local restaurant. We ordered one side of jo-jo potatoes too, and I'm getting ready to nuke some frozen peas. Trying to time the beep with the sound of the garage door going up.

Well, I thought it was an especially nice day even though the temps were hovering just above freezing. I made burgers on the grill. The back steps and side walk were dry, and even the little girls got some fresh air and avoided the piles of snow once they figured out that most of the yard is not a play area.

It's movie night here, so I wanted something to eat with fingers. I found a recipe for Keto-Corndogs, and I made them. They were pretty good with a crisp outside and bread-like inside in the coating. With a mix of sugar-free ketchup and mustard and dash of hot sauce, they were awesome TV fare. They would have been tasty with a side of sauerkraut too.

The recipe said that it would make 20 mini-muffins, but it stretched to 24 easily for me.

~Kathleen

Attachments

• 2015-02-07 20.47.16.jpg
    2015-02-07 20.47.16.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 138
It's movie night here, so I wanted something to eat with fingers. I found a recipe for Keto-Corndogs, and I made them. They were pretty good with a crisp outside and bread-like inside in the coating. With a mix of sugar-free ketchup and mustard and dash of hot sauce, they were awesome TV fare. They would have been tasty with a side of sauerkraut too.

The recipe said that it would make 20 mini-muffins, but it stretched to 24 easily for me.

~Kathleen

Oh man.... I made that same recipe and took some to one of our wine club meetings. They were completely gone in less than 20 minutes! I served them with a chipotle mayo dipping sauce.

Almost the same thing here...it was a freezer scrounge night. TJ's breaded cod fillets, but instead of tartar sauce I used bottled seafood cocktail sauce. :) Frozen fried hash browns and a sliced mango on the side.

Uber lazy here. Multigrain Cheerios, almost enough for two but we ran out of milk. Grocery store tomorrow.

Last edited:
:LOL: I can't begin to say how many of my dinners have been Cheerios. Every now and then I splurge and have Raisin Bran and add a little fruit to it. :LOL:

:LOL: DH added raisins to his Cheerios, and as he wasn't quick enough to get to the milk, he got half and half mixed with water. :devilish:

:LOL:

Kathleen....those look good. I wish I would have seen them for superbowl Sunday. My fam would have loved them. Will have to try. :yum:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom