What's for Dinner Sat January 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cara

Master Chef
Tomorrow is our friends 40th birthday and the party starts today..
as a presents he gets from us a joint from the wild boar... we marinated it in Redwine, ginger, garlic, carrots and celery and just now Frank starts to sear it... it smells wonderful....
In about 3,5hours we will get the hot pan in tha car and drive over to our friends...
side dishes will be red cabbage and dumplings..

Hi Cara, that sounds wonderful!

Tonight, the first course is seared diver scallops on roasted corn with a cilantro lime glaze.

Dinner is walnut and bread crusted chilean sea bass over purple fingerling hash with braised swiss chard.

German chocolate cake for dessert.

I think we're having manhattans tonight, and Lou hasn't picked the wine yet.

My husband LUVS German chocolate cake.

Not sure what I'm making tonight but I have a 12 lb turkey in the fridge (it has been defrosting for 3 days so I have to make it today or tomorrow). I think I'll make a traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner.

so far, lots of changes of plans...we were supposed to go to a party tonight, so no dinner here, but I just confirmed our tentative regrets, the weather is lousy, 100% chance for rain and freezing rain ....

so I have a smoked ham bone simmering for an eventual lentil soup; organic lentils, home grown onions, (dried) celery leaves, shredded sweet potatoes, garlic, maybe a potato or two...

yesterday I started a ww NYTimes bread/dough so we would have had something to eat at home before we went partying, but I want cornbread with the lentil soup. So I was hunting the cornmeal in the freezer, couldn't find it. Remembered I had two pounds of white hullless popcorn that does not work in my air popper, so I got some unexpected aerobic exercise grinding my own cornmeal:huh:, whew, sure didn't need the long underware on for that project:mrgreen:

so tonights dinner looks to be lentil soup with corn bread:) maybe

tonight will be veddy interesting.

the ride home and back should prove fun. i hope the snow holds off 'till later. if not, i'll employ all of that good parking lot fishtail training i've had. all around the 2wd buttheads stuck on route 80.

i went food shopping last night, so dw has a pound of extra jumbo shrimp, and chicken tenderloins and legs to make something.

i'm hoping for shrimp cocktail and chicken fajitas to take back to work with me.

Good luck and be safe, but Rt 80's better than driving 46 though.
Although 46 has hot dog place.
You'll earn that dinner just being able to get back safe.

Vera, do you know that either Frank nor I have ever heard of german chocolate cake?? :huh:

German chocolate cake is chocolate cake layers with a filling and frosting made of sweetened milk, coconut and pecans. Want some?

Today is Kim's birthday, and he'd LOVE a piece of your German Chocolate Cake, Vera!

We're having rib eyes, baked potatoes and halved avocados with Catalina dressing for supper. My daughter is baking him something chocolate for dessert.

I was at the supermarket this morning, the flounder looked real good so I'll do something with that. Probobly sauted with a veg...I have some zuchini, maybe grill those with a tomato relish? The store usually carries US Gulf shrimp but he only had just under a pound frozen left. He knows I prefer those shrimp and sold them to me for $4 a pound! I also picked up some sea scallops.

Dh wants me to make my pork chops in onion sauce with some rice, will add a nice green salad just butter lettuce, and some home made butter/garlic crutons, avocado in evoo,dijon and lemon juice with a few drops of honey salt and pepper, doing some baby artichokes and french rolls warm with butter and some cobbler for dessert, now to decide frozen black berries or peaches for the cobbler;)
kadesma

I'm actually not cooking tonight, it's my company holiday party - yes, they hold it in January every year!

No cooking for me either tonight :( I have to work.. but i'll prolly bring a california wrap its called.. honey garlic chicken, with lettuce , tomato, onion, mushroom, and it's oven bake :)

probably a quiche. I have a piecrust, some ham, some bacon, some cheese, and some sun-dried tomatoes.

and I might bake some brownies too - DH is outta town so I need a little treat!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom