What's for dinner? Sat, March 19, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hard to believe how filling an artichoke is when only a small portion of that lovely veggie is actually edible. It was tender and delicious. I'm also pleased that I managed to make a reasonable amount of potato salad for one with some leftover for tomorrow, instead of a huge bowl of it that I couldn't possibly finish on my own. :LOL:

That looks great Cheryl! I just love artichokes this time of year! :yum:

Quite simple - I bought 2 duck steaks, i.e. without the skin (for the first time). Pan fried one yesterday and found it disappointingly bland. Tonight I paneed the other one(seasoned, floured, egged and crumbed) before quickly frying it - no better really. :ermm:

Had it with lightly steamed carrots and fine asparagus tips with a roule (type of cream cheese) that I jazzed up. (I thought it was garlic roule but it was just a herb one so I added crushed raw garlic to it and sun dried chopped tomatoes - the best part of the meal!)

...I think the time change caught up with me and I wasn't ready to cook by the clock. Dinner was served at 7:30. Hey, no kids or chickens to be fed, so why not...
...We almost always eat between 7:30 and 8. No kids here, either...
We have always eaten late, except when the kids were little. My Mom always said we ate like the rich people since it wasn't unusual for us to "Dine at Nine". :LOL: When Himself was working 4-midnight I wouldn't cook dinner until around nine or 10, then eat mine and set aside the rest for his supper and for leftovers. Now we're back to around 8 or 9. Works for us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom