Whats for Dinner Sat March 29th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
......- and then...do you remember that video where one penguin knocks the other in the back of the head and it falls into the water? :LOL:

7.gif

:)

I ended up grilling my chops. I put some corn, butter and s&p in a foil pouch and grilled that, too. It came out great doing it that way! Thanks for the tip, Laurie. I also grilled a couple halved potatoes.

lol, lp. i eat other stuff too.

try the other seaweeds that i'd mentioned, if you can find them. roasted/dried laver is delicious, and can be found in asian markets. it's a lot like nori but saltier.
you can also find the fresh seaweeds in asian markets as well. the japanese one (i'm working on finding out the exact type) in sesame oil is fantastic. korean ones are good with hot sauce and bean paste. and the chinese is good in eggd rop soup.
dulse is from ireland and might be tough to find, though.

i roasted a coupla cornish game hens surrounded by evoo and s&p rubbed onions, fennel, and bok choy quarters on saturday night. i cooked it too low, starting it at just 375, but it came out ok; just no crispy skin. :(
on the upside, the roasted veggies were fantastic!

lol, lp. i eat other stuff too.

try the other seaweeds that i'd mentioned, if you can find them. roasted/dried laver is delicious, and can be found in asian markets. it's a lot like nori but saltier.
you can also find the fresh seaweeds in asian markets as well. the japanese one (i'm working on finding out the exact type) in sesame oil is fantastic. korean ones are good with hot sauce and bean paste. and the chinese is good in eggd rop soup.
dulse is from ireland and might be tough to find, though.

i roasted a coupla cornish game hens surrounded by evoo and s&p rubbed onions, fennel, and bok choy quarters on saturday night. i cooked it too low, starting it at just 375, but it came out ok; just no crispy skin. :(
on the upside, the roasted veggies were fantastic!

Bucky, we went to our Asian market and I did pick up some great finds. And I do think that they are helping. I am having the raw seeds (which I always have on hand) in salads of spring greens for lunch and the seeweed thrown into things here and there. I did LOVE my sushi on Saturday though, as much because it was a quiet enjoyable time out with DH as anything!

Back
Top Bottom