Whats for Dinner, Sat. May 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Plan on making two Beer Can Chickens, mashed potatoes n gravy, leftover corn casserole, salad and hot crusty bread. Strawberry cake dessert w/vanilla ice cream.

Last edited:
Have a good time YT! I'm torn between houmous and veg and making some pita bread and going out.....we did not go out last night and I feel that we should keep celebrations going for the whole weekend! On the other hand, I'm winding down the fridge before we leave for our holiday and taking cats to UK.....I think that can start tomorrow though :)

Yum YT! Have a 'rita for me! It's anyones guess- DH out of town - DD and I ordered chinese last night - maybe leftover chinese - maybe ordering from a local italian place (vodka sauce on gnocci) or mac n cheese or top ramen - who knows.

What? No Cinco de Mayo menus????? This is one of my favorite eating days!!

For Brunch we're having -
Tequila-Mint Scallop Tostados
Champagne

then -
Mexican Turkey Dip
Taco Chips
Margaritas

then-
Old family tacos
a bottle of Tempranillo wine

then-
Cream Cheese Flan
port

We'll stay away from all eletrical tools today..... ;)

gonna cook chix, probably, butterflied & stuffed with ricotta & spinach. deciding what else to cook that with.....
we've plenty of options with starches, both cooked/seal-a-mealed & un-cooked.
&, being may 5, valpolicella & vodka blended with another drink.

Last edited:
no idea, probably order in some such thing. or I'll walk across the street and hit Big Eats at the Holiday Inn. I know they have great salads and baked tates that I may go for. so far, sleep is waaaay more important to me today.

Think I'll just gate-crash at cjs's place -- sounds like good eats to me for Cinco De Mayo!

i was going to try out a new pizza sauce recipe today but yesterday i remember today is cinco de mayo and I love mexican food, so in honor of that I shall go all out.

My wife is a pansy when it comes to spicy food and not a huge fan of the Tex Mex arena so I will have to make a seperate batch for her as I want to make it on my terms :)

I will be making chicken tacos. The chicken will be marinated in beer, probably Corona and a southwestern marinade.

When I cook the chicken I will use a taco seasoning, not a whole packet because I dont like it very satly but instead of using water I will substitute that with beer and throw in some more marinade for some spice. The chicken will be cooked with the usual peppers, green, red and yellow and probably a jalapano or a two.

I will also make some spanish rice to with this and some refired beans.

It's Cinco de Mayo ... beef tamalies smothered in chili, topped with diced onion and cheese, a side of refried beans and rice, and a couple of Dos Equis.

I'll stop by PeVaang's place after CJS's. We'll have some of that Mexican beer if it hasn't all been used on the chicken!

I think I might make mushroom and spinach tortilla wraps with a little cream sauce later on.
Or I might be lazy and just order in some pizza, haha.

Very interesting plans everyone!!!

Were going to have a pork stir fry using boneless pork chops and kikomans stir fry seasoning mix. on the back of the package is a little stir fry recipe I go by. I calls for fresh mushrooms, peppers, onions, carrots and celery. It's good too.

I'm also making Uncle Bens Rice to go with it. I think it's herbs and butter.

Finally, some rolls. Which reminds me. I have to take them out of the freezor.

right now I have a vidalia onion pie going for our lunch..Sliced up two vidalias, and sauteed them in butter til soft.
I fried up some diced pancetta and when cooled sprinkled it over the onions, then I put on some torn up gouda cheese and Montery jack, I mixed some heavy cream with 3 eggs,fresh ground nutmeg,salt and pepper, whisked them together and poured this over the onion in the crust. It's now baking and it smells yummy..Dinner is at our favorite Mexican restaurant.. We both love this place and it's chicken soup ummmm, I plan on having cheese enchiladas, the red sauce they make I could just order a bowl of it and some tortillas and dig in:LOL: but I'll get cheese enchillads and behave myself.. is it time for dinner yet?

kadesma

Leftover mexican from last night... if we don't eat it for lunch. If we do...then pizza or steak of some kind.

steak fajitas here with chips/salsa and either margaritas or Coronas.

I'd fix mint juleps in honor of the Kentucky Derby - but I don't have the makings here...sigh.

Michael in FtW said:
It's Cinco de Mayo ... beef tamalies smothered in chili, topped with diced onion and cheese, a side of refried beans and rice, and a couple of Dos Equis.
good to see you Michael. Don't see you post much anymore...............:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom