What's For Dinner Saturday 07/24/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its our anniversary tonight but I am working and Ken is with our eldest at a ball tournament. Who knows...could be a DQ run. LOL!

We're going to a BBQ competition today so lunch at the competition will be BBQ. Probably some ribs and pulled pork with a side of ABTs. Dinner will be whatever we bring home in the cooler - maybe another pulled pork sandwich or more ribs.

Happy Anniversary Alix!!!

We are doing our first chicken on the spit! I am making a roasted garlic and lime marinade/basting sauce. Haven't figured out sides yet.

EDIT: Our first chicken on the spit of our new BBQ

Last edited:
leftovers for me, pork from last night along with the spinach pasta i made. maybe another veg. or a corn cake if batter held up in fridge.

i am giving up on pork chops i think. i pounded a bone less chop and did on the george forman grill. still tough. i think they have just bred out to much of the fat that kept chops juicy. these were a super bargain. no bargain if they are almost en-eatable.

Happy anniversary Alix and Ken!

Our Sunday School is having a party this evening, so it will be chicken and a baked potato bar. We are bringing the sour cream. Can't wait! It starts in about 25 minutes. :cool: This one will include kids, so there will be about 45 people. Should be fun!

:)Barbara

Happy Anniversary Alix!!!!

It is TOO hot to grill, too hot to turn on the oven and just plain too hot. Maybe a salad or something. Or maybe just a big bowl of ice cream.

Garden's still exploding and I'm still up to my ears canning, so it was a "garden" meal.

We had stuffed bell peppers, stewed cabbage, quartered fresh tomatoes, pickled beets and pickled green tomatoes, iced tea. Freshly-picked cantaloupe for dessert. I'm stuffed like the Thanksgiving turkey.

It is TOO hot to grill, too hot to turn on the oven and just plain too hot. Maybe a salad or something. Or maybe just a big bowl of ice cream.

So I decided to get creative. Boiled a pound penne and cooled it off. Mixed half of it with diced fresh tomatoes, thin-sliced onions, cubed fresh mozerella, big handfull of ribboned basil, some evoo, redwine vinegar, salt and pepper and tossed it all togther. I dished up a big bowl and topped it with water-packed tuna.

Not sure what to call it but it was reallly good.

leftovers for me, pork from last night along with the spinach pasta i made. maybe another veg. or a corn cake if batter held up in fridge.

i am giving up on pork chops i think. i pounded a bone less chop and did on the george forman grill. still tough. i think they have just bred out to much of the fat that kept chops juicy. these were a super bargain. no bargain if they are almost en-eatable.

leftovers really did not appeal. so breakfast it is. just have to decide eggs and bacon or french toast. wishy washy today i think. must be the pain pills, no pain but really groggy. gotta talk to dr. about this.

Back
Top Bottom