What's for dinner? Saturday, 1-2-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Yay, I remembered to write 2016 on the first try! :LOL:

This afternoon's dinner will be leftover chili and corn bread from yesterday. I sent some home with my brother, and I'll probably freeze the rest.

What's on your plate this evening? :chef:

I hate to give up my adorable 2015 calendar of precious Maltise dogs. Hard to believe it's 2016 and that adorable little girl of mine has been gone 10 yrs now. Sniff.

Oh yeah, food...

I'll be doing the lamb chops I planned for last night with a rice mix for the SC and glorified salads for both of us.

My plan for tonight is:
Boar's Head Sweet Slice Ham, glazed with Brown Sugar-Ponzu-grated fresh Ginger
Scalloped Potatoes ( I NEED this with baked Ham)
Green Beans
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (DH's absolute fav)
Prosecco (it's still a celebration afterall ;))
the rest of that tin of Danish Butter Cookies from Christmas

I'll let you know how it turned out later :chef:

I hate to give up my adorable 2015 calendar of precious Maltise dogs. Hard to believe it's 2016 and that adorable little girl of mine has been gone 10 yrs now. Sniff.

Oh yeah, food...

I'll be doing the lamb chops I planned for last night with a rice mix for the SC and glorified salads for both of us.

You could pick out the best pics on the calendar and frame them...? I did that with a few of my fave pics from other calendars and put them up in the den above the desk, for my own enjoyment. :)

I did some grocery shopping and pooped myself out. Stirling doesn't feel like cooking either, so we ordered a small Philly cheese sub and small poutine for Stirling and crispy chicken wings and fries for me. I'll also have some of the leftover crudités from yesterday.

Gumbo

image.jpg
Tonight we will be having leftover New Years Day Gumbo. Which in my opinion is best the second day.:)chef:

SO's granddaughter and her friend are visiting from Florida so SO made chicken dinner pies for tonight.

I made a pasta thing. Sautéed onions, garlic and bell peppers. Added Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle, dried oregano from the garden, diced tomato, a jar of marinara with basil and sliced pepperoni and simmered for a bit. Boiled orrechiette (little ears) pasta and mixed it all together. Served with garlic toast. Pretty yummy :yum:

My plan for tonight is:
Boar's Head Sweet Slice Ham, glazed with Brown Sugar-Ponzu-grated fresh Ginger
Scalloped Potatoes ( I NEED this with baked Ham)
Green Beans
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (DH's absolute fav)
Prosecco (it's still a celebration afterall ;))
the rest of that tin of Danish Butter Cookies from Christmas

I'll let you know how it turned out later :chef:

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

That glaze was AWESOME!!!

Kayelle;1449381 I'll be doing the lamb chops I planned for last night with a rice mix for the SC and glorified salads for both of us.[/QUOTE said:
The lamb chops were delicious along with the special English mint sauce. The local mint sauce here does not compare. And oh yes, the salad had some of my fresh tomatoes from my monster plant:yum:

Last edited:
Now that I'm cooking for four I must be cooking for 10 - we had leftovers tonight! Loverly is complaining that her fridge is too full, and she's right. Himself put a dent in the kielbasa and kraut, I finished up the last small amounts of ham-and-bean soup and the bacon-black eye peas-collard greens, while Loverly cleaned up all kinds of salad fixin's. Goober hid in his apartment up in the city since he's finishing up with a nasty cold. Which we'll all probably end up getting. :LOL:

Tonight we will be having leftover New Years Day Gumbo. Which in my opinion is best the second day.:)chef:
Great looking gumbo, Shuga. Some dishes are just meant to be "leftovers".

We went to TB's parents place for dinner and dominoes (a game called chicken feet). She has been having all the local kids over as they are leaving for Palm Springs on Monday and have lots of food. They thought they weren't going for a few weeks but got a great flight and Dad got his okay to travel from the doctor.

So, we had pork tenderloin and a ton of veggies, topped of with Christmas baking and tea!

We played 4 games - TB won 2 and I won 1. His Mom won the last one! :)

Ooooohh, everything sounds so nice here!

We had grilled pork chops (indoor grill this time) with mushroom gravy, baked sweet potatoes with brown sugar and butter, peas, and dessert was a Jello mold with cut-up bananas, apples, and seedless red grapes in it.

Then later in front of a movie, ice cream!

**Buuurrrrpppppp**

I did a solo backpacking over-nighter in our local mountains, set up camp at a trail camp, and cooked up some fried rice with eggs and bits of pink salmon. I don't care much for freeze dried camp meals, although I always carry a pouch as backup. I also drank lots of hot tea to keep warm before turning in for the night. My pack weighed a ton because I had to pack my own water.

Back
Top Bottom