What's for dinner, Saturday 10-17-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Eggs cocotte with wild mushrooms, gruyere and TRUFFLES! Side dish of potato gratin with crème fraiche, gruyere and thyme .

Well, it was going to be Chinese pepper steak over rice. Then SO came home with a baguette fresh from the oven so the menu was changed to beef barley soup with mushrooms.

Mmmm.....beef barley soup. :yum: I love that - added it to my 'to make' list for when the weather cools down.

I'm just going to nibble on smoked clams with saltines this afternoon. Maybe a small fruit salad on the side.

What I WANT to make is turkey cabbage soup. Unfortunately, there are still too many musgoes to be dispatched.

So it will probably be leftover spaghetti and Italian sausage.

Mmm, beef barley soup...(no, Dawg, no more until we get rid of what we already have.)

I'm movin' slowly these days but we enjoyed a beautiful day and a satisfying meal of spaghetti and meatballs, steamed Italian green beans (from last season's garden), homemade baguette with garlic butter, and iced tea. No room for dessert.

Eggs cocotte with wild mushrooms, gruyere and TRUFFLES! Side dish of potato gratin with crème fraiche, gruyere and thyme .

Very fancy Medtran. Sounds heavenly.

The SousChef is bringing home take out from the Greek Resto. He was on the Pumpkin Train today with our little Cheyenne (GD) on board. He better have some good pictures!

The oeufs sound absolutely amazing Medtran. Actually everyone's dinner sounds great.

The Whiska house is in turmoil. I thought I was listening to football on the radio this afternoon and only closed my eyes for a second..... 5 hours later, and definitely behind the eight ball, I discover we are out of both kibbles and cat tuna, so it's off to the store Before I even think about dinner. Probably raid the deli while I am there for something for supper.

I had a mouse burger from Fuddruckers.
Hubby had a Mexican breakfast burger.
Mouse burger is a burger with all 6 cheeses plus bacon and grilled onions.
Mexican breakfast burger is a burger with avocado, guacamole, bacon, fried egg, grilled onions and cheddar cheese.

Our hosts left for a short trip, but they will be back Monday. Uncle Nicu is feeling better, and we had a nice breakfast dinner of scrambled eggs with cheese, toast, waffles and fruit. I have to be careful for of his surgery and no fat or fried food.

~Cat

Also he did have some butter but he is well with it. Joyce has fat-free sandwich meats and cheese and mayonnaise he had for lunch. I made him a nice fat sandwich and he had a Honeycrisp apple. Those are very good, yes?

Last edited:
I made clam chowder and pan-fried sandwiches tonight. The sandwiches had sliced cucumber, apples and Havarti cheese sprinkled with a little apple cider vinegar, cooked in butter. Yummy ?

We had meatloaf, a tossed salad, and brown rice. It's funny, when I make my beef meatloaf, it seems to go best with brown rice. When I make the pork meatloaf, it goes really well with potato.

When I saw this thread on the home page, I wondered why it hadn't shown up in my Subscription list. Oh, I never posted dinner! I made a big pan of macaroni and cheese. Cleaned a few small pieces from the cheese drawer and added generous amounts of Fontina, Monterey Jack, and medium sharp cheddar. We each had a nice portion with a couple slices from the Kentucky Brand ham and a good pile of steamed broccoli. Still have more leftover ham, and enough mac and cheese for another meal for us plus a meal for my SIL and her hubby.

I had a mouse burger from Fuddruckers...
Mouse burger is a burger with all 6 cheeses plus bacon and grilled onions...
I'm glad to see no mice were harmed in the making of your burger. ;)

Back
Top Bottom