What's for dinner Saturday 11/07?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
I am working 10 hours over time. I am taking Liver and Onions, Buttered Mashed Potatoes, Buttered Spinach and Pickled Beets with Spicy Pear Cake for dessert.

i am looking forward to home made pizza leftovers. my crust was a little soggy. gonna reheat in oven , maybe that will help. it may be to late for this one. next one will up the oven temperature. ..still very very good.

My partner wanted his favorite comfort foods. We are having roast chicken, baked macaroni and cheese, creamed spinach, potato rolls and apple crisp, all from scratch!

Well, I have my kitchen gluten free for the weekend making several items for DH so I don't want to introduce anything that will contaminate it (read flour, bread, crumbs of any kind) so I figure ordering pizza for Dad and I is in order. We will eat it in front of the TV watching a ton of different things so won't be anywhere near the kitchen.

If it sounds like I am making an excuse to have pizza from my favourite restaurant down the street....you are right on!

deep fried tilapia, chicken tenders; hushpuppies, coleslaw, tater tots...

Do tell, GF. I have no idea what these are!
They are little hamburgers.

975.jpg

My family loves White Castles, and I have learned to eat them.

We had our dinner at noon, down the road from us at Ryan's, in Marion, Il. They have one of the best food bars I've ever experienced. They have a large variety of every day comfort foods, which are quite well prepared, and the bar is well tended.
I had a fresh crispy salad with lots of vegetables, fried chicken (crisp, but not greasy or hard,) mashed potatoes with cream gravy, half a baked sweet potato with honey butter, yummy mac'n cheese, part of a roll, a little bread pudding, and a piece of scrumptious carrot cake!
I'm afraid to check my blood sugar. :ermm:

had bacon eggs and potato pancakes. Was up early making a huge pot of minestrone for the clean up crew at church. So I didn't have a trad. breakfast (Sat being the only day I do) So we had it for supper. Soup was awesome btw! with garlic bread of course!

This was our dinner. I made us french bread pizzas. Mine had pepperoni, green pepper and mozzarella cheese. Mark's had diced ham, green pepper and mozzarella cheese. A simple tossed salad started things off.

img_860706_0_72a015fae697ebb26f7399150a6935ad.jpg

img_860706_1_6ab265b1f051ba00e88a890bdf539750.jpg

Pasta with pesto (from the freezer, frozen before the frost hit last month!) served on a bed of baby spinach that was sprinkled with balsamic vinegar. Have friends coming in for a visit today, so wanted a one dish meal for us yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom