What's For Dinner, Saturday 16th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making Lemon Chicken and special fried rice :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
If the weather doesn't get bad (it is supposed to) we will be at our friends' and will have something there.

If we stay home I will make chili. :yum::yum:

This was going to be dinner :ermm:
meatloaf.jpg

I started making a pan meatloaf a short while ago. I just felt like doing something I guess. I thought I would cook it and make an onion gravy, so tonight I would only need to cook some green beans, make mashed potatoes and reheat the meatloaf and gravy. Somewhere along the way those plans went awry :pig:
So dinner tonight will probably be green beans and mashed potaoes.

The dog had a picnic lunch. the burger isn't thawed. you ate it all for lunch. oops it stayed in the oven a wee bit too long. Mashed taters are good, and green beans go with anything. If you have some corn, you can mix in with the spuds and butter. mmm. butter. mmm.

I think I am going to make sloppy joes as I have burger buns rising -- short cut step, using whole wheat frozen dough balls. handful of chips to scoop up what spills over on my plate and a piece or two of Bake Chef's brownies. And a glass of milk.

This was going to be dinner :ermm:

I started making a pan meatloaf a short while ago. I just felt like doing something I guess. I thought I would cook it and make an onion gravy, so tonight I would only need to cook some green beans, make mashed potatoes and reheat the meatloaf and gravy. Somewhere along the way those plans went awry :pig:
So dinner tonight will probably be green beans and mashed potaoes.

:ROFLMAO: Glad you enjoyed your pre-dinner, Pac! Looked great!

We may have pizza burgers. Nope, ended up having nachos.

Last edited:
I am putting together a potato soup right now.

But allow me to back up a bit.

During the last two months, I left Ohio on Dec. 23rd, spent several days in TN, then headed west two days behind the snow storms that hit Arkansas and Oklahoma, arrived in New Mexico on Dec. 30th, had a glorious month of living with my sister, and now have temporary residence in a 280 sq. ft. apartment. I have only recently started cooking again. Even though I brought a trunk load of canned goods with me, I am mainly relying on a grocery store for food stuffs, for the first time in 40 years. I have hired a house designer, a builder, and am actively designing a new house.

Even though I am simmering a potato soup, I don't know what I will be having for dinner. I am going over to my sisters' house, less than one block away, and will be eating there.

Here is our Lemon Chicken and Special Fried Rice we made for dinner last night :)

P1010017.JPG

Thanks GG :)

I told Steve I put that post and he said, "Give me a break" ROFL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh also, something else that made it special....I forgot to buy bacon, so we used Spam instead!

In the Spam recipes thread someone mentioned using it in fried rice...and it does taste good!

Last edited:
Nice improvisation on the fried rice.

Wow Beth. That's one heckuva move.

Back
Top Bottom