What's for dinner? Saturday 3-14-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Pie? :LOL: Wish I had some. :yum:

I'm making stuffed pasta shells for this afternoon's dinner. The stuffing will be ground sweet Italian sausage, spinach, mozzarella, and a little ricotta. Marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese to top. Probably a small salad to accompany.

What's on everyone's plate today? :chef:

Making calzones for dinner tonight. I'm using some pizza dough I had in the freezer. The calzone will be stuffed with genoa salami, sweet capacola, mortadella, rosemary ham, provolone and mozzarella. We'll have some marinara sauce for dipping.

Darn, no Pi here either!

It's really hot here today so we're doing chicken wings on the grill, and I'm thinking about doing a version of your black bean and corn salad Cheryl.

Leftover Chinese. Fried rice, chicken and broccoli, about half an egg foo yung.

Hmm, if I mix the rice with some egg and flour, press it into a pie plate and bake, and add the rest of the chicken and broccoli...:D

I'm trying a new crock-pot recipe using chicken, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and herbs. Sure does smell good. I'll serve seasoned rice and buttered baby lima beans with it. As usual, iced tea. Then, a little slice of the blackberry pound cake for dessert.

I made pizza but used the carb smart tortillas as the "crust". So we had pie for PI.

One of the two really big PIs still to happen this evening, one happened this morning.

Some left-over rice and a pack of squid "tubes" in the freezer so fried rice with veg and squid rings with some stir-fry sauce. No pudding/dessert as there was rather a lot of rice, etc., and I was full.

Made some salsa & chips for a BD party tonight. Thats it.

img_1413294_0_81d98a7d3c41a29c4184ad60d2ffe632.jpg

Threw together a clean-out-pantry-and-freezer pot of chili and DH, who never notices anything, pointed out that everything was homegrown except the spices. Kefir cornbread on the side and some chocolate dipped pretzels that I bought at a bake sale for dessert.

I had a lot of leftover this and that in the fridge, including steak, lamb chops, turnips, onions, celery. So I made use of the food processor and threw together some hash.

Pie? :LOL: Wish I had some. :yum:

I'm making stuffed pasta shells for this afternoon's dinner. The stuffing will be ground sweet Italian sausage, spinach, mozzarella, and a little ricotta. Marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese to top. Probably a small salad to accompany.

What's on everyone's plate today? :chef:

Turned out really good. :)

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 179
Thanks so much, Dawg and CG. :) It was good, but labor intensive packing those shells. :ermm: I spent most of the afternoon making and freezing 3 more casserole dishes for future use. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom