What's for dinner, Saturday, 3-16-2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Greek meatballs, spanikopita cups, tzatziki, homemade stuffed grape leaves from the freezer, and flat bread.

Pot roast, mashed garlic potatoes and green beans..

Chocolate cake for later..

Ross

Attachments

• Pot Roast Dinner.jpg
    Pot Roast Dinner.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 119
Planning to make tuna casserole and asparagus put off from yesterday. But you never know around here.

I'm going to be eating meat Pi for a few more days. I need to go smaller next time. :rolleyes:

I an having honey garlic wings and TB is having Maui pork chops. We picked up Miley's raw dog food at a place in the farmlands and they have the best marinated meats...gluten free too!

Oh yeah, sides are spaghetti squash and salad.

Sweet and sour chicken stir fry in my shiny new All Clad SS wok, served over rice in the Zoji. In the past I've had carbon steel woks, but didn't like having to promptly clean and dry them to prevent rusting. I have a Calphalon wok, but things really stick to them (like all other anodized aluminum cookware). SS is a big improvement over anodized aluminum, but it is certainly different.

HEH! LYDIA!!!! So nice to 'see' you here at DC!

Everyone's dinners sound and look GREAT!!

kalua pig and cabbage over rice.jpg
[file photo]

Our house's favorite dish, my homemade Oven-style Kalua Pork with Sweet Onions and Cabbage, served over steamed White Rice

I'll give DH some steamed Fish Cake aka Kamaboko on the side to round it out for him. A nice shoyu dish with Wasabi for dipping always makes Fish better :yum:

We had haddock almondine. I used a recipe for sole almandine and substituted haddock, because that was what I could get. It was pretty good. I have used this recipe once before using cod (I think) and it was really good. At least it was easy. We also had brown rice and a salad with blue cheese dressing, and white wine.

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_193430.jpg
    IMG_20190316_193430.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 102
I stopped at a Chinese buffet late afternoon and had mostly unhealthy stuff.

As always...wonderful looking and sounding dinners. :yum:

I roasted a few chicken thighs this afternoon. Had one of them for dinner with asparagus, and a slice of garlic bread.

CG, I'll be doing my corned beef dinner tomorrow. I wanted to today, but life got in the way.:wacko::LOL: Looking forward to the Reubens. :yum:

CG, I'll be doing my corned beef dinner tomorrow. I wanted to today, but life got in the way.:wacko::LOL: Looking forward to the Reubens. :yum:

I will be doing corned beef tomorrow. Will probably be a one-pot boiled dinner. But Reubens sound good!

Cheryl, life always seems to get in the way, doesn't it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom