What's for dinner? Saturday 3rd of November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
We're going to a Braai (BBQ) at the church. I've taken out some lamb ribs and chicken thighs and I'll make some cheezy garlic rolls to grill and make a green salad to take with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dinner Saturday 3rd November

We are just making pizza :chef:

Tonight we are just having a simple salami, cheese and tomato one :yum:

You must be in a different zone. Here in California the 3rd of November is a Saturday. Don't worry Snippy, the mods will fix your title for you. ;)

I'm currently listening to Pink Floyd "The Wall" on You-Tube (on my new Internet connected Blu-Ray player.) That's where my head is at at this time of night, almost midnight here in US-PDT. Oh and this weekend we go from daylight saving to standard, for those who have DST. (Stupid idea IMO--I hate the government messing with the clocks. Next thing they'll be adding stuff to our water...)

So what to have tomorrow night? Why don't you just tell me and save me the effort of figuring it out?

I kind of want barbecued chicken because you can eat a whole lot for not that much money. I have a standing invitation for a friend to come over and I'll cook BBQ chix. If so I'll maybe serve my (mom's) quick barbecue beans (posted elsewhere on this forum) and chili corn. (recipe follows)

Chili corn:

ingredients

ears of corn (depends on how many eaters and how hungry each)
butter (or margarine)
chili powder (any store brand works fine)

method

Microwave: Husk the ears of corn and wash them in water. (The water is part of the recipe, have a few drops of moisture on them, to turn to steam in the microwave.) Butter the ears with ... well, butter... or use margarine. Dose them liberally with chili powder. Upon cooking the chili powder gets milder so be liberal with it. Or if you have ppl who don't like spicy then use less. Wrap the ears in plastic wrap. Nuke on high, time depends on how many ears you want and how many you nuke per batch. (This is easy peasy if you're cooking for one--one person, one batch--one ear.) A couple minutes for two ears might work.

Nuke it more if it's not to taste. Note that raw corn is perfectly edible. One story has it that the perfect corn involves boiling water in the field and then bending the plant over and sticking the ears in the boiling water. Don't pick them until they're hot enough to eat. :)

Oven: same as above but use aluminum foil, and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, adjust time to your preference, 10-20 minutes.

It's still 15 til midnight. I'll tell you tomorrow what I'm having on Saturday... or Thursday... depending on your time zone. ;) :cool:

ETA: Still Friday here, still playing Pink Floyd on You-Tube, 9 minutes to Saturday and counting... :)

We don't need no revolution, we don't need no thought control!

Last edited:
I'll see ya tomorrow Snippy, today for you. I've got some dynamite coffee I bought at Whole Foods Market this afternoon, called "Sumatra Blue Batak" ($14.99/lb.) and the smell is keeping me up! I've already freshly ground it and added the water to the coffee maker, and only needs about 8 hours sleep (that's 5 for me on account of insomnia) and then a flick of the switch to turn it into hot brown happiness! :D

Maybe then I can envision what dinner will be...

I'll see ya tomorrow Snippy, today for you. I've got some dynamite coffee I bought at Whole Foods Market this afternoon, called "Sumatra Blue Batak" ($14.99/lb.) and the smell is keeping me up! I've already freshly ground it and added the water to the coffee maker, and only needs about 8 hours sleep (that's 5 for me on account of insomnia) and then a flick of the switch to turn it into hot brown happiness! :D

Oh dear! Hope they do fix it :LOL: What zone am I in? Wonderland?

I think I need some of that coffee, apparently I've lost 2 whole days :ROFLMAO:

I am sure that you and the kids will have an enjoyable day anyway ;)

2 minute noodles sounds like a plan he he :LOL:

Maybe the date is wrong and not the day. Maybe this topic is about "What's for dinner? Thursday 8th of November." Maybe Snippy you're just way ahead of us all.

I've done that too, got the topic totally wrong. Maybe the mods will "marry" the threads. That's going to be real fun trying to figure it out for those who didn't read the threads before.

So I'm still listening to Pink Floyd, still The Wall but now I'm in my bedroom and I've got the CD playing on my BR stereo. I haven't listened to it for years. (The album. I just got the stereo last month.)

So here it is still 18 hours until dinner. I hope this topic isn't about Thursday because I'll be really hungry by then.

Almost time for me to start counting sheep... I'm probably not helping things by listing to hard rock music. At least I don't have a TV in my BR.

Not sure what we'll have yet. Only ate about half the Brunswick stew last night and DH brought home a tray of condiments left over from a luncheon so we have a tray of sliced tomatoes and onions and lettuce (from a sandwich bar) that should get eaten. I know we just had burgers but we may have them again and use up those veggies along with a cup of stew.

I feel like buying some rope sausage today and cooking that. I've got a taste for sausage today, but it is only 10:15 AM... Maybe I'm hungry for breakfast again, lol.

It is funny to look first thing in the morning and see what our Aussie friend's already had for supper tonight! LOL. I think tonight may be chicken, but I'm not sure yet.

Maybe the date is wrong and not the day. Maybe this topic is about "What's for dinner? Thursday 8th of November." Maybe Snippy you're just way ahead of us all.

I've done that too, got the topic totally wrong. Maybe the mods will "marry" the threads. That's going to be real fun trying to figure it out for those who didn't read the threads before.

So I'm still listening to Pink Floyd, still The Wall but now I'm in my bedroom and I've got the CD playing on my BR stereo. I haven't listened to it for years. (The album. I just got the stereo last month.)

So here it is still 18 hours until dinner. I hope this topic isn't about Thursday because I'll be really hungry by then.

Thanks Greg :) but unfortunetly it's just a case of "the lights are on but nobody's home" :LOL: I even put my dry laundry in the freezer this morning while taking out meat and put the kettle in the fridge! :wacko:

going to a long standing (30+ years) annual fall potluck where the host does 2 incredible smoked turkeys, I'm on the final rise for some herbed dinner rolls I'm taking, and there always is some very fine wine there:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom