"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
Master Chef

What's for dinner? Saturday 6-20-15

It's hot out, but the patio is shaded so I'm going to bite the bullet and grill a pork steak. It's been calling my name every time I open the freezer.

Sides to be determined, but will include some of the produce I got this morning from our small local farm stand.

What's everyone having today?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	22993  

Old 06-20-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
Master Chef

Nice fresh bounty there Cheryl!

My sons are coming over at cocktail time to discuss business and I've made snacks to go with their IPA beer. Deviled eggs, Pimento cheese with crackers and veggie sticks, ham cubes, olives, etc. For me, I have a nice bottle of my new favorite wine......Trinity Oaks, Chardonnay from Napa. We found it in Philly.
If we're hungry later after they leave I have some home made soup to defrost and heat.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

I have a bounty of zucchini and cucumbers from the garden. Tonight I'll make a feast on the grill - stuffed zucchini, pork chops and pineapple. Haven't decided on seasonings for the last two yet, although pineapple with butter and chili powder is delish!
Old 06-20-2015, 06:16 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

Probably my last solo dinner before SO returns Monday morning (Sunday I'm being taken out for dinner). So I'm doing it in style. Garlic and herb crusted rack of lamb, pilaf and zucchini. I do believe I'll break open a bottle of red to make it a balanced meal.

Lemon cake for dessert later on.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #5
Master Chef

Baked cod and a side of Ms. Mofet's string beans.

Ms. Mofet's String Bean Salad
Old 06-20-2015, 07:31 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What's for dinner? Saturday 6-20-15

Eggs baked in Canadian bacon nests, along with overly garlicked hummus and crackers. We're also munching on the wild black raspberries I picked.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Was going to be veggie fajitas, but realized I didn't have any tortillas left and no corn flour. So, I'm using taco shells. A taco/fajita hybrid.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:01 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Tasty leftovers. Pulled some previously grilled brats from the freezer for re-heating along with some German sauerkraut from a jar. Last of this batch of 3 beans salad and the last two hoagie buns. The ice cream is long gone, I don't think it ever reached leftover status.

Farmer's market trip in the morning. Yay.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

I made a center cut pork chop. I just used salt of it for seasoning. I had planned to have some sauerkraut with it. But when I got through half of it, I realized I was getting full, and had to stop eating. I was a little ticked off. I love the kraut. And now I am too full to eat any of it. So Pirate finished it off for me along with some breakfast sausages and eggs, toast. Nothing to brag about. Just filling.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:42 PM   #10
Executive Chef

I know you sometimes mention this Addie, I too can not eat as much as I used to be able to do. Smaller portions// half portions. I Try to have 2 veg's or 1 w/ salad along with today's main dish. A heaping tablespoon or two is more than plenty. The good part is I haven't gained any weight in the last two years or so.

I know I said for supper tonight I had bratS. Actually, I only ate one brat, split the long way although I did eat most of the two buns. . Bonus--You get more sauerkraut on the bun this way.

I fold up a plastic bag in my back pocket when we go out to eat. I know I can't eat all of what is ordered and after getting a leaky container to take home one time, now I come prepared,

Tags
dinner