What's for dinner? Saturday 7-9-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
The meatloaf sandwich I had for last night's dinner was so good, I think it'll be a repeat of the same thing this evening. I just picked a couple of beautiful ripe tomatoes, so those will be for a side.

What's on your plate for tonight? :chef:

Penn Dutch had a special on monkfish. Neither of us had ever had it so we decided to give it a whirl. Dijon mustard rubbed, chopped onion, garlic, mushrooms, white wine made up the sauce, with butter swirled in at the end. It was cooked on the stove top and the oven. Wild rice and green beans for the sides.

Good fish for those that don't like fishy tasting fish. Extremely mild flavor.
37240-albums1042-picture6579.jpg

Love monkfish. It may be one of the world's ugliest fish (except to other monkfish) but I agree, it is delicious, and not at all fishy tasting.

We had some nice calamari and a sopa de lima. A bit of coconut ice cream. And against my better judgement, we're getting another mocha latte.

We're getting much needed rain, so it's cooking inside tonight. Italian chicken thigh and tomato stew, served over brown basmati, green salad on the side.

Medtran - slice the monkfish into medallions, marinate them briefly in a little olive oil and other stuff, skewer them and put them on the grill. They hold up well on the grill.

Looks delicious, medtran and Joey. :yum:

Joey...do you have easy access to the lovely tri tips there in Montana, or do you have to order them from your butcher? Just curious, because they don't seem to be very plentiful outside of CA, unfortunately. Yours looks perfectly cooked! :yum:

DH and I went out to dinner last night at a local restaurant situated on a creek. We sat outside on the deck; it was very pleasant. We had mini crab cakes for an appetizer and I had tempura shrimp tacos for dinner. I just finished the third one for lunch :yum: DH had fish tacos made with cod.

Attachments

• 2016-07-09 20.15.13.jpg
    2016-07-09 20.15.13.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 124
  • 2016-07-09 20.31.33.jpg
    2016-07-09 20.31.33.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 2016-07-09 20.31.43.jpg
    2016-07-09 20.31.43.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 110
Great looking food! ~~ We had ice cream at Country Maid for supper, black walnut for me and Whitehouse cherry for Himself. Can't find either of those in MA in spite of the plethora of ice cream stands.

Later, we stopped at a local chain restaurant/pub called "Paninis". Can you guess their featured sandwich? ? What we had was a beer each and split two apps, fried provolone wedges and smothered chicken nachos.

Mmm, that looks so good, GG. I love seafood tacos. :yum:

Sounds delicious, CG! Everyone's dinners from last night sound wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom