What's for dinner? Saturday 9-12-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Hot and humid here today. I'll be having a chilled fruit salad, and raw veggies dipped in ranch dressing in front of the TV. I'd much rather have a nice rib eye or some roast beef but it's too hot to cook anything.

What's everyone having this evening? :chef:

We had another storm and it's cooled down to 71F. We'll sear some burgers on the cast iron griddle over my gas flame (since I don't have a flat top grill in my home kitchen ;)) Probably a green salad for the side.

DH brought home some kale from the break room at work (my new farmers market :LOL:) and I had no idea what to do with it, so I cut up a bunch of Canadian bacon, onions, cherry tomatoes, green pepper, and took the veins out of the kale and chopped up the leaves. Fried it all up in some butter.

Threw in a bunch of beaten eggs and shredded cheese and it's in the toaster oven baking now. I guess I'll call it a frittata.

Cool and rainy so I baked half a ham to warm up the house and make it smell like something wonderful was happening. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

So tonight is ham and a salad!

Dorothy Parker said "Eternity is a ham and two people."

Dawg, that sounds heavenly! I cook alot of kale.

It's hot here as well, so we're hangin' at the pool
having linner, late lunch early dinner at the
poolside cafe that our community offers.

IMG_2374.jpg

Grilled Salmon fillet over field greens, strawberries, mandarin oranges and a chipotle vinaigrette...very yummy and I don't have to cook!

Now, back in the water, it's HOT!

Thanks, K-girl! It was really good. Your dinner looks delicious!

Meatloaf, mashies, gravy, vege medley of corn, red bell and fennel to use up leftover bits from the 2 latter. Made a big loaf to have leftovers for meatloaf sammies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom