What's for Dinner Saturday, April 10th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the world would come to an end if I did have my weekly ration of Fried Catfish and trimmings....At the very least all of the stars in the sky would fall to the ground! :LOL:

So...I'll be having that for supper tonight!

poori masala

i made poori from wheat flour and masala with potato, onions, green chillies, ginger and salt and turmeric. Its easy and tasty ...:chef:

We're having sandwiches. I made a big batch of ham salad to go on kaiser rolls and maybe if I get ambitious I'll make some potato salad to go with.
Kinda a lazy cooking day for me.

It is "Hockey Night in Canada" so of course we are having hot dogs! With DH home on a very rare Saturday (he's between his old position and new!) I think I will had home made french fries to that (probably add some of my new Old Bay seasoning to them, taking Dad's out before I sprinkle it on.

Uncle Bob, enjoy your catfish for me. Every since we used to make it at school I love it but rarely get any around here.

I think the world would come to an end if I did have my weekly ration of Fried Catfish and trimmings....At the very least all of the stars in the sky would fall to the ground! :LOL:

So...I'll be having that for supper tonight!

Thanks for saving us all, UB.

We have a 20 lb. whole ham in the roaster oven, and fresh asparagus from the garden. I need something to go with it, but haven't decided what.

I made a large pot of white bean and smoked ham soup yesterday, so will be eating on that for a while..

What's your dinner plans today?

MMM...we call em Cowboy Beans in our house. Usually happens with a leftover ham!

We're gonna grill some salmon and veggies. With some butter basted grilled pineapple on the side. I'm having a beer so I can figure out what the salad will be.:-p

Grilled pork tenderloin, rice, green salad, and strawberries & blueberries.

First time for tenderloin in my house, and it was a hit! The boy might eat all the leftovers tonight. But then I guess they wouldn't be leftovers, right?

white beans and ham, one of my all time faves. can i come over?:( will bring cornbread and honey. otherwise i will have to eat the left over pizza. boo hoo

Babe, I will pick you up on my way to Beth's! I am sure she will have some leftovers for us! :)

Parmesan chicken, steamed broccoli and a starch to be named later. Big green salad, dinner buns and wine. Mmmmm. Chicken smells yummy and garlicky now.

Went down to the harbor today and bought some Opah fish fillets right off the boat. Geeze those fish are nearly too pretty to eat!!

opah-fish.jpg

I am making baked potato soup in the crockpot, if I ever get to it. :rolleyes:
Or maybe I'll have a quesadilla and veggie soup from the can if I am too lazy.:ohmy:
Gee, now i'm too lazy for the crockpot??? :LOL:

It is supposed to rain/snow over the next few days, so I thought I would take advantage of the decent weather and use the grill: tri-tip, roasted new potatoes (also cooked on the grill), and fresh green beans. I am trying really hard to get away from prepackaged foods. Normally, I would have just used canned or frozen green beans.

We had what we call lupper (that meal time too late to be lunch too early for supper) at Hurricane Mo's in Kitty Hawk. I had crab cake and dolphin (mahi) fingers with Asian slaw and fries. The slaw was wonderful. The fish was good, the crab cake meh. I've had better seasoned crabcakes.

Back
Top Bottom