What's for Dinner, Saturday April 11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you make "hot dogs with fried onions"? That sounds good.

Actually, quite simple. I just slice the onions thinly (take a half onion and instead of slicing in half circles, slice the other way to get strips). I just put them in a pan with some butter (or oil) and cook until they are just starting to caramelize and then I through the hot dogs in the same pan and cook until they are hot and brown on all sides. Keep stirring the onions.

Then I just load the bun with the hot dog and pile on the onions.

Actually, quite simple. I just slice the onions thinly (take a half onion and instead of slicing in half circles, slice the other way to get strips). I just put them in a pan with some butter (or oil) and cook until they are just starting to caramelize and then I through the hot dogs in the same pan and cook until they are hot and brown on all sides. Keep stirring the onions.

Patty asked, but I thank you! That sounds so good!... especially for a weekend lunch or dinner! :)

Hi VB, I am a mod and still haven't gotten the knack of putting two quotes in the same post (don't tell the admins ;)).

I meant it for both of you and am glad you like it!

Thank you. I usually put raw onions on my hot dogs. I will have to try this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom