What's for Dinner Saturday April 17th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
dh has a childhood friend up from SC for the weekend and I see he came bearing brownies;) and lettuce from his garden..

I made the main dish last night, wanted to make a crustless quiche with asparagus, smoked ham and ricotta cheese....decided to look into the impossible pie recipes to see if one had been adapted for quiche....seems like bisquick did the job, all 20 recipes I looked at called for that product:LOL:..so I made an impossible quiche with flour and butter, it came out very well..will also make a blueberry ricotta cake today, should go well with the brownies:)...also started a french bread in the machine this am, flavored
with dried onion bits and garlic powder, and the salad with an impromto dressing

what are you planning for tonight?

I'm brining a whole chicken now and can't decide whether to roast it whole or butterfly it and broil it. I suppose inspiration will come to me one way or another. I have some new potatoes and will serve them parsley butter and maybe some asparagus and since we aren't having a salad, I may serve fried apples too.I need to make a dessert for the weekend, but inspiration hasn't hit me on that either. I know it sounds like my whole meal is iffy....but I did get the ironing done and can't be good at everything.

It is rainy and windy here so it is beef stew night. I hope to make some biscuits to go with it if I can find a suitable gluten free recipe for DH. I don't like making something he likes for us, if I can't make a version for him too! I have one I adapted somewhere but just need to find it. Thank goodness the kitchen reno is FINALLY in its last stages.

I'm brining a whole chicken now and can't decide whether to roast it whole or butterfly it and broil it. I suppose inspiration will come to me one way or another. I have some new potatoes and will serve them parsley butter and maybe some asparagus and since we aren't having a salad, I may serve fried apples too.I need to make a dessert for the weekend, but inspiration hasn't hit me on that either. I know it sounds like my whole meal is iffy....but I did get the ironing done and can't be good at everything.

Where are you i'm coming over!!!! YUM... :LOL::LOL:

After reading a discussion of country style ribs here on DC, I spied them in the store today and the discussion we had came to mind.

I picked up a package and rubbed them with a dry rub I keep on hand. They are in the oven, covered in foil and slowly cooking as we speak. Later. I will brush them with BBQ sauce and either broil or grill them to finish them off.

After reading a discussion of country style ribs here on DC, I spied them in the store today and the discussion we had came to mind.

I picked up a package and rubbed them with a dry rub I keep on hand. They are in the oven, covered in foil and slowly cooking as we speak. Later. I will brush them with BBQ sauce and either broil or grill them to finish them off.

What kind of rub do you use Andy??? :)

Okay, my bad!:hammer: What was I thinking.....beef stew. It is Saturday AND the Stanley Cup playoffs, not to mention the last curling event in Canada this year.

It is hot dogs and french fries of course!:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom