"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #31
Master Chef

White Pasta Fagioli (Italian sweet sausage out of casing, elbow pasta, chopped fresh parsley, grated garlic, cannellini beans, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes olive oil and grapeseed oil) topped with fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and mixed salad (Red & green butter lettuce, red onion, mushroom cap, vine tomato, shredded green cabbage, peeled carrot, black & green olives) dressed with homemade dressing (EVOO, flax seed oil, lemon juice, fresh minced garlic, fresh chopped herbs (oregano, basil & parsley), ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, dry oregano and ground red pepper flakes).

Old 04-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #32
Certified Cake Maniac

Lookin' Good as always, Ms M!

It looks like the meatballs are going to be hamburgers for tonight. Probably french fries for the guys and raw veggies for me

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I have been sitting around far too long already this lovely morning. I have some ribs to go in the smoker, or on the bbq. Haven't decided.
Some home made fries, to boot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	033.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	10548   Click image for larger version

Name:	037.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	10549  

Old 04-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #34
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

It looks like the meatballs are going to be hamburgers for tonight. Probably french fries for the guys and raw veggies for me
Thank you LP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Some home made fries, to boot!
OH LORD I WANT THAT ................... NOW!!! YUMMY
Old 04-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #35
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post

OH LORD I WANT THAT ................... NOW!!! YUMMY
We'll have to fight my daughter for them. I almost lost a finger.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #36
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
Tell me about it! Now I remember why I don't go shopping on Saturdays between 11 AM and 6 PM.

Oh... we are having leftover fried haddock, mac-n-cheese, green beans, and salad.

Where do you buy haddock in SOMD?
Old 04-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #37
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

We decided today was a good day to clean out our bedroom as the clutter was getting to my claustrophobia and the dust was getting to my asthma. It seems this room has become the "garage" where everything gets dumped and Dad's cleaning ladies don't do it.

So, I was tired AND not feeling like eating so Dad and I had beef vegetable soup and DH made himself a double cheeseburger.

At least I will sleep well tonight....on so many levels!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #38
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Tonight I made some grilled cheese (Kraft cheddar singles) on fresh baked bread and a can of Campbells tomato soup.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #39
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I went out produce shopping and while I was prepping for the fridge and freezer I added a handful of each to a pot on the stove. I blanched some green beans and used that liquid as a soup stock, tossed in some frozen Basil and Italian parsley (whole), frozen asparagus, frozen red peppers, dried shiitake, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper, green beans and carrots. Cooked until tender, added a handful or orzo. Garnished with parmesan and straw mushrooms. It's quite good.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:07 AM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

we went to a fondly remembered restaurant in my old hometown today. we should have left things in the past.

the food was just ok; not as good as i'd remembered. and the prices were far too high for a glorified pizza joint.

but that wasn't the bad part.

first, the waiter gave us the check of the table next to us. it was half as much as i'd expected. being honest, i pointed it out to the waiter after waiting forever for him to return. i should have just paid it and left, saving $40 or so. at least the waiter could have thanked us for the honesty.

but no. after another long wait, we got the correct check, but this time they charged us $10 too much for sides that were supposed to come with our meals. we asked about the sides when we ordered, but the story changed when the bill came. so i just handed the waiter a credit card because we we well finished with our meals and wanted to leave.

after another eternity, the waiter delivered the credit slip to sign that was another $5 higher! wtf!

we weren't about to wait again, so the tip went down from the usual 15 to 20 %, ending up around 9% (of what total i'm not sure now), and we won't be back. ever.

i'd rather keep my good memories of the place, of good times with old friends.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner