What's for dinner? Saturday Aug. 23rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Garlic and rosemary roast chicken, roasted baby potatoes, and a cucumber/tomato/red onion salad with an EVOO and lemon juice dressing. The veggies are fresh from the farmer's market this morning. :yum:

What's everyone having for dinner this evening? :chef:

I made Greek-seasoned beef and pork patties and served them in pita pockets with lettuce, tomato, red onion and tzatziki and some toasted seasoned pita chips on the side. I really love tzatziki. :yum:

Last edited:
Flank steak done on my cast iron stove top grill pan, steamed baby spinach and saffron and mushroom risotto.

Huevos Rancheros

img_1382281_0_a0a140311914154bfe19db98cb13c6b5.jpg

PPO, that looks amazing! :yum: I love Huevos Rancheros and you've just reminded me that I haven't made it in way too long. Just checked, and I have everything to make it. An added plus, I went to the farmer's market this morning so I have fresh tomatoes, jalapenos, and onions. Hopefully, my one remaining ripe avocado will last until tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
PPO, that looks amazing! :yum: I love Huevos Rancheros and you've just reminded me that I haven't made it in way too long. Just checked, and I have everything to make it. An added plus, I just went to the farmer's market this morning so I have fresh tomatoes, jalapenos, and onions. Hopefully, my one remaining ripe avocado will last until tomorrow. :)

Thank you! That was the last good bit of avocado from that one.

We went out with friends to celebrate the end of her cancer treatments. It's been 2 weeks since her radiation ended and she was finally feeling up to getting out of the house. We went to the Crab Shack. The Crabshack Seafood Restaurant: On the James River, Newport News, VA Had lovely table with view of the river. I had crabcakes with baked potato and their homemade cole slaw. We had a really good time!

We were lucky enough to be invited to our neighbor's surprise birthday party today. She's the owner of Lucy, the little dog we love so much. It was held at her daughters house here in town and was hosted by her very large Mexican family. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful the authentic home made Mexican feast was. My regret is I forgot to take my camera. I'll tell you true..those people know how to cook and how to party. They even sent us home with some home made Menudo for tomorrow!!

jabbur, congrats to your friend feeling better. What a good thing to celebrate. Hope this treatment knocked out all her nasties.

bt, a post by you? What a good sight for sore eyes! The Chief and I gave you up for dead. Glad to see we were wrong.

We should have eaten at home We both wanted to get out of the house, so we headed to a Red Robin to use up the last of a gift card. Himself's sis likes that place and we had Discover cash back cards when we took them recently as a "thank you" for them helping us out. Used up the last of it, so now we don't have to go ever again. If we have to take them out again for some reason we'll take them to a place WE like! :LOL:

We had a late lunch this afternoon, at a local restaurant. I ordered fish and chips (though I really shouldn't have either) and when it came it was a huge plateful. I only got through one piece of fish and half the fries. I ate the other half of the fish minus the batter for a late dinner and Violet will get the fries a few at a time.

TB had a salmon and berry salad for "lunch" then had a burger for dinner with tomatoes and lettuce from our garden! I had some on the side with my fish!

We went out with friends to celebrate the end of her cancer treatments. It's been 2 weeks since her radiation ended and she was finally feeling up to getting out of the house. We went to the Crab Shack. The Crabshack Seafood Restaurant: On the James River, Newport News, VA Had lovely table with view of the river. I had crabcakes with baked potato and their homemade cole slaw. We had a really good time!
What a great looking place to celebrate. Menu looks nice too. Glad to hear you had a good time.

Made meatballs in Sunday gravy with sausage over pasta. oh yeah, garlic knots too.

Back
Top Bottom