"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-08-2015, 04:46 PM   #1
Master Chef

What's for dinner? Saturday, Aug 8, 2015

I went to the farmers market this morning and got some fresh picked corn on the cob, pattypan squash, muskmelons, peaches, pluots, and nectarines - so dinner this afternoon will include some of that.

I'll for sure have the corn, a tomato, and some melon - maybe a little bit of the leftover tri tip.

What's on everyone's plate for this evening?

Old 08-08-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
Master Chef

We will be grilling Rib Eye steaks, and along side we'll be eating two big artichokes. The dipping sauce we like is mayo/lemon juice/garlic powder/fresh cut chives.

That's a nice haul you made Cheryl!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:11 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

We have a bunch of leftovers, so it's a clean-out-the-fridge night. Grilled shrimp, grilled taco fish, sloppy Joe meat, Mexican rice, ratatouille mixed with couscous. Not sure what else. I'll just pull it all out and we'll make up our own plates.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

Dinner tonight will be chicken and prosciutto ravioli with tomato sauce.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
We will be grilling Rib Eye steaks, and along side we'll be eating two big artichokes. The dipping sauce we like is mayo/lemon juice/garlic powder/fresh cut chives.

That's a nice haul you made Cheryl!
I have to use such self control and buy no more than I'm pretty sure I can eat - everything looks so good!
Old 08-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I have no idea what we will have for supper. It all depends on what Stirling thinks will agree with his stomach.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I have no idea what we will have for supper. It all depends on what Stirling thinks will agree with his stomach.
Sounds like it's time for the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. Sorry he's not feeling well.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #8
Master Chef

Cheryl, that sounds like a successful farmers' market trip. My mouth and tummy wish they were at your table tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
We have a bunch of leftovers, so it's a clean-out-the-fridge night. Grilled shrimp, grilled taco fish, sloppy Joe meat, Mexican rice, ratatouille mixed with couscous...
That was a much better leftover buffet than we had, GG. Over here, the last of the chicken flew the coop, the corn-tomato-feta salad=gone, and it will be easy to tell which one of us finished up the asparagus later. Finally, we put a big dent in the leftover potato salad - all that's left is either one big serving or two small ones. We'll have some cantaloupe and strawberries for a snack later, with just enough ice cream to melt and coat the fruit.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Sounds like it's time for the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. Sorry he's not feeling well.
Good idea, but he's not feeling that queasy. He decided on pizza. I know, that doesn't sound right for a delicate tummy, but I guess 30 years of being a programmer has trained his tum. He usually finds that pizza agrees with him when other stuff doesn't. It did agree with him tonight. We order our pizza from a Greek resto/pizzeria, so I had a souvlaki platter. I'm a happy camper with my "meat on a stick".
Old 08-08-2015, 11:35 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

I had a two egg omelet. It was all I could get down. I have not been feel to well for the past couple of days. Tummy seems to be stuck in a "I don't feel good today" mode. It had better be gone tomorrow.

Tags
dinner