What's for dinner? Saturday, Aug 8, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I went to the farmers market this morning and got some fresh picked corn on the cob, pattypan squash, muskmelons, peaches, pluots, and nectarines - so dinner this afternoon will include some of that.

I'll for sure have the corn, a tomato, and some melon - maybe a little bit of the leftover tri tip.

What's on everyone's plate for this evening? :chef:

We will be grilling Rib Eye steaks, and along side we'll be eating two big artichokes. :yum: The dipping sauce we like is mayo/lemon juice/garlic powder/fresh cut chives.

That's a nice haul you made Cheryl!

We have a bunch of leftovers, so it's a clean-out-the-fridge night. Grilled shrimp, grilled taco fish, sloppy Joe meat, Mexican rice, ratatouille mixed with couscous. Not sure what else. I'll just pull it all out and we'll make up our own plates.

We will be grilling Rib Eye steaks, and along side we'll be eating two big artichokes. :yum: The dipping sauce we like is mayo/lemon juice/garlic powder/fresh cut chives.

That's a nice haul you made Cheryl!

I have to use such self control and buy no more than I'm pretty sure I can eat - everything looks so good! :ohmy::yum:

Last edited:
I have no idea what we will have for supper. It all depends on what Stirling thinks will agree with his stomach.

Cheryl, that sounds like a successful farmers' market trip. My mouth and tummy wish they were at your table tonight.

We have a bunch of leftovers, so it's a clean-out-the-fridge night. Grilled shrimp, grilled taco fish, sloppy Joe meat, Mexican rice, ratatouille mixed with couscous...
That was a much better leftover buffet than we had, GG. Over here, the last of the chicken flew the coop, the corn-tomato-feta salad=gone, and it will be easy to tell which one of us finished up the asparagus later. :D Finally, we put a big dent in the leftover potato salad - all that's left is either one big serving or two small ones. We'll have some cantaloupe and strawberries for a snack later, with just enough ice cream to melt and coat the fruit. :yum:

Sounds like it's time for the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. Sorry he's not feeling well.
Good idea, but he's not feeling that queasy. He decided on pizza. I know, that doesn't sound right for a delicate tummy, but I guess 30 years of being a programmer has trained his tum. He usually finds that pizza agrees with him when other stuff doesn't. It did agree with him tonight. We order our pizza from a Greek resto/pizzeria, so I had a souvlaki platter. I'm a happy camper with my "meat on a stick".

I had a two egg omelet. It was all I could get down. I have not been feel to well for the past couple of days. Tummy seems to be stuck in a "I don't feel good today" mode. It had better be gone tomorrow. :angel:

Lobster and Shrimp ravioli in butter,lemon & wine sauce...

img_1431916_0_ae5a87d261bf63d3a9feafae47afb4f0.jpg

img_1431916_1_e7522fcc96ba0ef030f71e54dac0752b.jpg

img_1431916_2_42f55be898d79f62c84b19d066bcba3d.jpg

img_1431916_3_7ba83a95ec9887cca0a3c328cc63d6b8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom