What's for Dinner, Saturday, Dec. 27th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
We are going to Uncle Julios for dinner.... one of my favs! What would you be having for dinner?

down by the school yard, sattie?
i'm gonna step outside to smoke myself a...

hey, where's jkath.

for me, another double shift. but i don't feel so bad, after ozzy's visit last night, and dw has friends coming over for christmas today. or should i say that a friend is dumping off a kid to play with ryan while he fixes someone's car. well, he fixes dw's car too, so no worries.

ergo, dinner will be from a diner (i'm thinking the stage deli tonight) at midnight, after the mad dash back and forth once again, for bath, books, and bed.

Going to do the leftover thing tonight. Had pizza last night.
So it will be ham, mac and pot. salad, fried green beans.

Was going to be the stuffed turkey breast which was to be DH's and my substitute Christmas dinner, but the real one is on for tomorrow so I am freezing that for another day and it will be baked red snapper with steamed broccoli and a wonderful rice mix I have with various brown and wild rices.

lol, lp. you're quite right.

but i see license plates with one or the other written on them, and both always hog the road. sacre bleu! moother fook-airs.

get oud of dee way!!

The Dh and I didn't have a wonderful Christmas due to a family issue, and there was no big Christmas dinner this year so tonight I made us a big dinner. To start we had cream of asparagus and prosciutto and portabello salad with lemon vinaigrette. For dinner we had grilled sirloin steak with herb butter, mushrooms and grilled onions in a red wine sauce, roasted broccoli and cauliflower (in a lemon and Dijon sauce), and chipotle and cheddar corn bread. For dessert Ina Gartens lemon meringue tart (my first lemon meringue ever!)

DW has her sauce cooking on the stove, so it's s'ghetti & meatballs with homemade Italian bread & spinach salad. This was a request from DD who will be heading back to Orlando on Sunday morning.

robo, does the color of the lentils tend to cook out? if so, are the (minute, imo) differences about flavor, texture, or something else?

i've made various lentils before, and they all seem to cook down to different shades of beige and green.

no clue - we are supposed to go visit at a relative's house this afternoon - don't know if food is included in the plan or if we'll go out to dinner.

Steaks and asparagus, both cooked over charcoal.
Baked potatoes.

It's a hearty meal without all the Christmas junk food. It will taste good.

I am really feeling like calling DH and having him pick up Chinese on his way home from work.....or maybe sushi?

Back
Top Bottom