What's for Dinner, Saturday December 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I will be having sandwiches and goodies around 3:00 (going to a memorial service for a very dear friend) and probably won't be hungry so I think I will heat the rest of the Chinese food for Dad.

For our "Main Meal" at lunch (DH is working), I am making beef dips. I wanted to make French Fries but am not sure if we have enough potatoes.

What is everyone else having today?

Going Asian tonight. Not my typical schtick.

Kumamoto oysters on the half-shell with an Asian mignonette, topped with wasabi tobikko, which is kind of a wasabi flavored caviar. Just found this stuff, really interesting.

Miso glazed black cod filets with wasabi mashed potatoes.

Baby bok choi with bunapi mushrooms, typical flavorings, garlic, ginger, sesame oil.

It IS good to have a quality Asian market nearby.:chef:

I am doing the other pork tenderloin so we are having a repeat from last night (so nice let's do it twice). I am adding a fruit salad though.

I dunno... who is close to Kansas and inviting me over? lol! I think we are prob taking it easy tonight and throwing a pizza in the oven!

change of plans, I am now making sesame tofu, and added some frozen spinach. In the oven right now!

We've been busy getting ready for a Christmas party tomorrow so we opted for Chinese take-out.

Prosciutto-wrapped chicken a al Cordon Bleu

dsc_0010.jpg

Nuuummmmm!!! That looks fabulous.

Last time I made this, I was able to pound the chicken out much more evenly, which resulted in a nice looking cylinder. This time, I beat the tar out of the chicken, but I just could not get it even out.

Back
Top Bottom