What's for Dinner? Saturday, Feb 21st, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Hmm.... no dinner thread yet?

I had some fun in the kitchen today. The first challenge was to make diet friendly burger buns. I found a recipe online that called for almond meal, coconut flour, and flaxseed meal. I was skeptical, but you would never know they weren't made from wheat. The texture and flavor is great, and they have 1/6 the carbs of a regular whole wheat bun.

The second challenge is to make a dessert for my wine club's board meeting tomorrow. I'm thinking cheesecake. We'll see how that goes. :rolleyes:

Sorry, the photo came out just a tad blurry.

img_1410710_0_262eb77cdb7351ee734463fffb7c7801.jpg

That certainly looks like a good bun, and burger.

Somehow I thought all day it was Sunday not Saturday. I guess I just gained a free day tomorrow and can stay up as late as I want tonight.

I baked 2 bone in chix breast halves, one with bbq sauce for dinner, one plain and crispy skinned to do something with later. I also made stir fried Asian cabbage and rice to go with.

Looks good, Steve! Glad you found a tasty alternative to wheat bread.

I spent much of the day rearranging the guest room. Since it's almost 6PM now, I think I'm just going to have a grilled ham and cheese this evening and call it good.

Nice bun(s), Steve! ;) :LOL:

Himself's sleep pattern is so out of whack right now (he's blaming a change in meds) that I was ready for late lunch/early supper after he had his breakfast. :glare: Plan B was put in motion: leftovers. With a little lucky, the only thing left will be the chicken breasts that I need for what has now become tomorrow's chicken pot pie.

My my! That looks so good, Steve.

Nothing exciting tonight here. We had a German dinner we love. It's German garlic soup, oven-roasted pork ribs rubbed with herbs and spices (not BBQ), German dark wheat bread with honey butter and a salad with tomatoes, radishes, Romaine lettuce, cucumber, diced celery, real bacon pieces, red onion, diced apple, walnuts with a raspberry viniagrette dressing.

It sounds very weird but it was good. We like a lot of different flavors and strange combinations when we have the time, LOL!

Karen made her chili version and I made mine. Normally I make mine beanless, served over pasta with cheddar and sour cream. This time, to keep it more diet friendly, I made it with beans and skipped the cheese and sour cream.:ohmy:

I also added some ground pequins in addition to my usual chili combination. I was going to grind a ghost pepper and add it, but chickened out.:angel:

Karen made her chili version and I made mine. Normally I make mine beanless, served over pasta with cheddar and sour cream. This time, to keep it more diet friendly, I made it with beans and skipped the cheese and sour cream.:ohmy:

It's funny how two diets can be so polar opposite, but still be effective. On my diet, I would skip the beans and pile on more cheese and sour cream. :LOL:

It's funny how two diets can be so polar opposite, but still be effective. On my diet, I would skip the beans and pile on more cheese and sour cream. :LOL:

I forgot, I skipped the pasta as well. I was also reminded why I stopped putting beans in chili!:angel: I think I woke the 15.5 year old pug up in the middle of the night.:ohmy:

Last edited:
I forgot, I skipped the pasta as well. I was also reminded why I stopped putting beans in chili!:angel: I think I woke the 15.5 year old pug up in the middle of the night.:ohmy:

Sometimes certain foods like to revisit us in the night. I have often sent my poor 82-pound Boxer/German Shepherd mix running for her life.

That can get a little hairy when there aren 8 cats involved.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom